Mustang exhaust and Computer question

MARKED MAN

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hello all. in my constant quest to build an awsome Mark 7 on a limited budget and junk yard parts, I have yet another questions aout pulling parts from non lincolns and if they will infact work on the M7.

1st question is in regards to the exhaus system coming from a mustang. exactly how different is the mustang exhaust compared to the exhaust for the mark 7. if i were to come accross a full cat-back from a fox body 5.0 mustang what ype of alterations would i have to do to get it to fit my car. i am anticipating doing the work myself so i am trying to guage exactly how to go about altering the mustang exhaust and weather or not its even possile for me to do it myself.

2nd question is in regards tothe instillation of the mass air system. i have everything except for the computer. i have been serching for the A9L computer but cant find any in the junkyards and they arent all that cheap on ebay. my question is are there any other acceptable computers to use with the MAF system. say for instance the eec from a 5.0 thunderbird which are a little easier to find and a little cheaper.

thanks for any info guys.

1. The pipe from the H pipe to the mufflers need to be lenghtened, as well as the tail pipes.

2. You don't need an A9L. You can use an A9S, A9P, etc. Check here and scroll down to the 5.0 Mustang listings. That should help you find something that'll work. For what it's worth, I run an A9S in my '87.

thats good to know in regards to the exaust, souds like an easy fix/adaptation.

in regards to the EEC though, i knew about the A9P and the A9S but how far can i go. what about like a computer from a ranger or explorer. i'm sure they dont have as an aggressive fule curve as the A9L,P, or S. also what about the type of injectors i am using and what the EEC's are programmed for. will i have problems if the eec is made for a car with 19lb. or 24 lb. injectors if i am runnin 21lb. injectors. any thoughts

As long as you get a sampling tube for the MAF that matches the injectors you'll be fine. I don't know what other ECMs you can use, but that list of MAF Mustang ones should help you find something.

Members online

No members online now.
Back