money in the trash?

Blkdvll

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm getting ready to replace my air suspension. I called the wrecking yard here and they have a compressor for $90. It comes with a 30day. Would I be wasting money buying this? Would I be better off sending mine out to American Air for $155 (plus shipping)?

90.00 dollars thats a rip off you can do better than that do your home work it will pay off i`ve seen them very cheap on e bay ck places like arnott or other companys out there lol.

Yes, order from Eddie at American Air and get the real thing. Once you get his in, (if he has any in stock) send him yours so that you don't get charged $50 additional. I have one in mine that came from him. Works perfect and quiet.

His rebuilds are better than new from the factory.

Well, would I be wasting my money if I bought any used/ non rebuilt compressor? I was thinking about doing it to save a buck, but worried it might go out in a few months

It's just not worth it in the long run, which could turn into the short run if you buy used. If you were considering a buy from the junk yard for $90, then $65 more isn't going to hurt, knowing it's better than the original.

It will be one of your air parts that you'll never have to worry about again. I'll just say that.

It's just not worth it in the long run, which could turn into the short run if you buy used. If you were considering a buy from the junk yard for $90, then $65 more isn't going to hurt, knowing it's better than the original.

It will be one of your air parts that you'll never have to worry about again. I'll just say that.

Thank you, that's what I was thinking

I'd take a hard look at the donor car all factors must be considered especially for that price. Consider the milage, condition of the air suspension, ease or difficulty or replacement, the last thing you want is a weak over stressed/worn out compressor that has 31 days left in it. Because knowing murphy's law the day after warrenty that one will fry as well. If it isn't already. I'd rather spend more for a compressor that has been completely gone through and upgraded to better standards and durability than the original. Just my $0.02.

Members online

No members online now.
Back