Mods

liam6

LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a 1981 Mark VI and I was wondering what I could put in it to give it some extra horsepower and torque without killing the gas mileage.

You can't just put you car in a search. It will take some searching. Making sure the size of the muffler will fit and handle your car. I like Flowmaster. I have 40s on Sifrino and within a few months will have I will have Delta 40s on Ovr Cst. Deltas are suppose to be quieter in the interior. But we will see.

Also, Flowmaster sound just as good when they are cold as to when they are warmed up. Some mufflers will not sound good until they have been warmed up.

I dont exactly have the extra money for a stroker kit...I was thinking more about intake and exhaust, possily posi. Would I need to go to a custom exhaust shop to install flowmasters?

Is it a 5.0? go HO, if not go high flow heads. I would do sea foam also. Just to clean everything out. Ive heard it helps.

Do you reccomend that I buy one off of ebay or that I just go to an auto mechanic and tell him I want HO Cylinder Head for my Lincoln? Keep in mind that I am not the best auto mechanic myself.

1. You'll probably save money buying from eBay.

2. Your car is 20+ years old, and I know of no aftermarket cold air components for your car, so you'll have to make your own. Time for a trip to the Home Depot...

Some tubing, some clamps, some measuring, some beer, and a little engineering.

Do I have to remove my whole air cleaner asembly and plug it in under there or can I just remove the top half and plug it in there?

Are cold air intakes, especially on a carb engine even worthwhile? What I mean is, do they post any real gain vs just a normal air cleaner, or a stock air cleaner with the lid flipped?

Would anyone reccomend posi for my '81 Mark VI? My friends have told me it is great, i just wanted to know what you guys thought. If yes, what brand and type?

Also if I choose exhaust should I just buy an aftermarket muffler or a whole system?

Also if I choose exhaust should I just buy an aftermarket muffler or a whole system? What do I measure for the application?

Members online

No members online now.
Back