MMFF feature

Vintage

LVC Member
Reaction score
I stumbled across the features Muscle mustang and fast fords did a while back with the Mark 7's and 8's. Wonder if we could get enough people together to interest them in doing another one sometime? Anyone?

unless you can get editors like Vinnie Kung back over at mmff, that proably wont be happening. he and a couple of other guys believed in the Fast Fords part of MM&FF. they would do the luxo-barge shootouts as they were called. Geno from here was involved in the markviii's, DisneyLincoln was our fore most knowledgable mark vii guru. guys like MikeJ, Bigant, Htrdlncn, and host of others keep us mainstream during the late 90's. now we are the fordbastards that are slowly being forgotten. thats the reason there are a few guys who venture out on the HotRod Power Tour, and keep the Mark VII flag still waving. its these guys who go out, and pull into venues or gas stations and get the usual "hey i remember these cars". or "man i used to have one of these, very nice" type comments. ive been able to trailer mine around and get to a light and see people rolling slowly pass the trailer and pointing. then they pull to the light or up next to me throwing the good ole thumbs up sign. so back on topic, i dont see the mags doing a cover story, but hey stranger things have happened. the only big event that i wish they did do some type of coverage on would have been the Southern Super Heavy Shootout. theres some pic s on my cardomain page from one of the years we went. there was some good fun at those events. i think they may be doing it again this year too.

Man, that sounds like a real shame and a missed opportunity for them to get coverage on some cult classic cars and generate interest in additional subscription sales of their mag outside of the captured Mustang market due to the wildcard factor of not knowing what kind of other fast Ford product might pop up on its pages.

It wouldnt even have to neccesarily be centered around a drag strip type setting. It could be a dyno day or a planned shoot with ride and drives near an upcoming show that is somewhat centrally located or near another event that magazine staff was going to be attending anyways.

Well, if they do have interest, we'd need to be ready to help out with participants. Who from this site could make it out with a lead time of say a couple months or so?

Members online

No members online now.
Back