Mileage

Opies_LS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just curios what other peoples' mileage are and what major services you have had:

Mine:

2000 LS: 156000 Miles

Valve Cover Gaskets
1 Cat
1 Clockspring
Ball Joints

Other than that, this car is great.

2002 Ls V8, 45K miles, no problems yet but i just got the car about 500 miles ago lol.. i hope i dont have any major problems atleast until 100K or even better NEVER!!

I have 107xxx miles on mine.

2001 LS.

I had mine since 35xxx miles and I was hoping not to have anything major before 100000 either, but with this car it ain't happening.

Solenoid box and valve cover, twice.
Bad seal in the tranny caused a leak.
Clock spring.
Coils.
Ball joints.
Shocks.
Radiator hose.
The air pump that is under the front bumper replaced.
All of that ran me $7000 and all started right after the factory warranty finished.

I replaced the ball joints but I am still having those knocking sounds from the front suspention and I don't know what makes em.

That's about it.

2000 LS V8 61K miles

All 8 coil packs under warranty, only had to pay for the valve covers so far. Runs great.

HyeLifeLS said:

2001 LS.

I had mine since 35xxx miles and I was hoping not to have anything major before 100000 either, but with this car it ain't happening.

Clock spring.
Coils.
Ball joints.
Shocks.
Radiator hose.
All of that ran me $7000 and all started right after the factory warranty finished.

I replaced the ball joints but I am still having those knocking sounds from the front suspention and I don't know what makes em.

That's about it.

dang... but i got a 2002 shouldnt most of the problems be fixed, and why the hell didnt lincoln make this car more reliable?? i mean most cadillacs are very reliable right?:mad: eather way :L

2002.. i believe im at 44k miles.. no major problems .. i got extended factory warranty.. it was over a grand in price.. but they cover everything until 5 years of my purchase or 100,000 miles.. i should be OK.. i hope all my problems come before that 100,000 mile marker

BanginLS said:
2002.. i believe im at 44k miles.. no major problems .. i got extended factory warranty.. it was over a grand in price.. but they cover everything until 5 years of my purchase or 100,000 miles.. i should be OK.. i hope all my problems come before that 100,000 mile marker

when i bought my lincoln they wanted 3 grand for 3 year warrenty, the car it self ended up costing 21K with everthing so i didnt bother doing it.. now i regret it tho :shifty: i think its a lil too expensive 3K for 3 years :(

2002 LS V8 Prem
wheel lug nuts and thermostat replaced. got 49100miles factory warranty expires soon so thinking about the extended warranty.
Sounds like I should...were the 2001 problems solved in the 02?

2000 V8 Premium
53k miles
no major repairs *knock on wood*

though i habe a lot of various maintenance issues that need fixing soon: poor gas mileage, airbag light flashes/stays on, getting that rotten egg smell (cats) every now and then, couple button lights went out on the console, computer keeps telling me the right brake lamp is out but it's not (and damn that beeping is really annoying every time i touch the brake)

140,000 miles New engine@ 134,00 :D ,seat heaters, blew water hose on old engine., old engine broke a connecting rod pin. It was cheaper to throw a new engine in than repair the old one.

I have an '03 LS Sport with 28,225. No major maintenance, so far. I'm getting 18+ city driving and 26+ highway mpg.

2001 V8 64,000

bought the car with about 62,000 and had to replace the valve covers, coils, and an o2 sensor. I had a warranty that covered a little under half of it.

HyeLifeLS said:

2001 LS.

Clock spring.
Coils.
Ball joints.
Shocks.
Radiator hose.

That's about it.
that knocking noise is likely the sway bar mounts (bushings)

98 LSC 48,758

only major service has been the front air bags and that was when i got it cuz they leaked when they weather was cold, so go figure ( they had to keep it 3 days before it did it again in order to fix it)

Problems keep coming up!

2000 LS V8 with 59000 miles

Valve cover gasket replaced.
Thermostat and coolant jar.

having Climate control blues now but have not had to have it fixed yet.

Nope, I had my coils trippin right after the recommended tune up, after 100,000 miles mark. They went bad at 100,200 miles or so, ran me about a $800-900 for a V6.

LennDawg said:
2000 V6 with 56k miles... the coil problems only happen in the V8s, is that correct?

Well, since the warmer weather here I have avg about 20mpg with a combo of city/hwy driving. I have not verified this, its just the car telling me. On my trip to Missouri, once out got out of the Northern Tier fuel (21-22mog) my mpg went to 24-25 mpg at hwy speeds.

As for major work.. just valve cover gaskets that is all I can tell from the service record at the local dealership.

I have a V8 2000 Lincoln LS 125,000 miles. I've repaired the transmission line, fuel pump(twice) and jet pump, valve cover gasket, and the ball joint on the right tire popped off. What is the cat and the clockspring, i'm sure mines is due for those too!

'02 LS v8 Premium w/ 40,500 miles(got it w/ almost 29K) and no major problems in the almost 1 yr and 7 months I have had it. Got it still under warranty but it ran out and now I have an aftermarket one that I hope is worth the almost 2500 it cost and kind of hope not to find out.

Love the car, but hate always wondering what could happen.

Members online

Back