memory seats/easy entry-exit

kitbuf

LVC Member
Reaction score
Newbie here, so first of all I own a 01 lincoln ls and love it. Also I would like to send a thanks in advance for this website and all those who help by giving good advice and useful information.

With that being said, I have a problem with my driver seat that I thought I may could get some help with.

Two things going wrong- may be related by same thing, I don't know.

1) When memory is activated, mirrors and steering wheel will adjust to correct position but seat will not move.

2) With easy entry/exit activated the steering wheel adjust up out of the way but seat does not move. Same for entry, steering wheel comes back but seat doesn't move.

All the power functions on the buttons on the side of the seat works fine, just no memory or easy entry/exit with seat. Any help in this matter will be greatly appreciated.

Btw, I performed a search and couldn't really find anything.

i have this problem every once in a while. put the key in or pull it out, the seat doesnt move as its supposed to. what the problem exactly is, im not really sure. im sure others here may be able to shed some light.

Does the power seat move at all when you actuate the switch on the side of the seat?

power seats

Does the power seat move at all when you actuate the switch on the side of the seat?

Yes. The seat moves fine when you use the switches on the side of the seat to adjust it. It just wont move on it's own when the memory setting is activated or when the easy enrty or exit feature is used.

I am thinking the two problems are connected. Like something that might be neccessary for the memory function to work the seat and the easy entry/exit to work the seat also. I just don't know what one thing would cause both not to work.

I have the same problem. My seat doesn't move either. My sterling wheels moves but sometimes it doesn't go all the way to the position its set at so I have to press the button. I don't have a clue what it is because the buttons on the side work to move the seat.

please help!!

Come on, to be sure there is someone on here that could help me with this problem.:confused:

Only problems I have are the occasional seat not moving forward(once a month maybe) and when the radio doesn't turn off when I open the door.

Sounds like a memory control module issue to me. I've seen issues pretty similar in a few cars at work and thats usually what it is. Not that its a surefire thing, but its certainly probable.

memory control module

Sounds like a memory control module issue to me. I've seen issues pretty similar in a few cars at work and thats usually what it is. Not that its a surefire thing, but its certainly probable.

97stscaddy,

Do you know if the memory control module is also used to operate the seat for easy entry/exit when you take the key out of the ignition or put it back in. If it does then that would make sense considering that the seat won't slide back like it is suppose to when you pull the key or slide back up when replaced as well as not working under memory function. That would explain both problems 1)memory for seat and 2) no seat movement for easy enty/exit.

Also one other thing, does the memory control module also operate the steering wheel and side mirrors or is there seperate ones for those functions. Because my steering wheel functions for memeory and entry/exit work just fine and the mirrors do as well for memory function. Is there some way I can check the memory control module for the seat myself or not, if indeed it is seperate. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help thus far.

I'm not entirely sure if the seat and wheel are controlled by the same unit. Ive never paid much attention to if the wheel moves or not when I press the memory button.

I don't have any clue how you could test it either. You might just have to take it in to the stealership and have them diagnose it.

My seat also doesn't move with memory. Has anyone found a solid answer to this yet?

My seat also doesn't move with memory. Has anyone found a solid answer to this yet?

It's unlikely to be the module. It's more likely that the seat position sensors have failed.

I actually want this issue

I cant' stand it when the seat moves rearward when I take the key out. What if I had a passenger back there that was over 3 ft tall? Oh sorry you are now an amputee... One of my three jobs is delivery: I cannot place the package in the back seat if the seat is back. If I do get it in there, it is difficult if not impossible to remove. so other that disconnecting the seat motors, is there a program for the 'key-out' position?

The easy entry/exit feature can be disabled. If you have the V8, then you can do it yourself from the message center (see owner's manual). If you have the V6, then you have to ask a Ford/Lincoln dealer to do it. There will probably be a charge unless you use them for frequent service.

Does the LS work the same way as my 2010 Explorer? It saves both positions, so if you move the seat up with the key out, it won't move as far back. Or is it a set distance?

Members online

No members online now.
Back