Mechanics

codewize

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if anyone from the upstate NY area knows of a good dependable mechanic. Dealers suck and no one else around here has a clue, or they just don't want to work. I'm in the Catskill area and I'm sick of having to do everything myself, although at least that way it gets done.

Maybe this should be it's own forum?

ADL

If you want to drive down to NJ - Geno (onebadmk8) has his shop there --

Dude, I've been working on cars for 25 years. I've built my hot rods, race cars, and all that. I'm done now and I don't have the time. I appreciate what your saying and I still do the non time consuming things myself. Don't get me wrong, I like the work but I just don't have the time.

ADL
Sifrino3 said:
Its not yours unless you do the work your self. UNLESS its under warranty and your getting somehthing fixed like that!

Does it matter where in Jersey? After all, it is called The Garden State.
icon12.gif

I thought the whole State was full of rose petals and flower gardens. AM I WRONG???
icon10.gif

I think Geno will even admit a certain body part makes a strong resemblance to most of the state.

I read recently that the most popular item to steal now are the bulbs out of cars with HIDS. They pry the hood open, smash the plastic covers and yank the bulbs in less than 60 seconds. Most guys with Mitsubishis are seeing $2000 to $4000 repair bills. I know my Marks will never experience The Garden State.

I'm wondering if anyone from the upstate NY area knows of a good dependable mechanic. Dealers suck and no one else around here has a clue, or they just don't want to work. I'm in the Catskill area and I'm sick of having to do everything myself, although at least that way it gets done.

Maybe this should be it's own forum?

ADL

I am from the Upstate area as well (Albany) and I would love if a good LS mechanic could be suggested here..the mechanics here act scared to work on my car...and the ones that do are not very competent with the inter workings of the car..trying to price timing chain and tensioner install prices ahead of time..before I won't have a choice but to pay whatever after a breakdown. Wish you had more time on your hands..you sound pretty competent..lol.

Members online

Back