Mclaren grill installed

00_slow_5spd_ls

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
I installed the Mclaren grill a few days ago. I could not stand that you could see the white from my hood underneath the grill. I bought some flat black rustoleum spray paint, and a few sponge style brushes. Here is the finished product.
untitled-4.jpg

Next I need to pull my corner markers off again (black ones) and clean them with acetone and use some high gloss black paint to refinish them. The car is filthy. Mostly in part because i park under an oak tree and between the wind and the rain my car has pollen/leaf prints all over it.

well compare it to my "mesh overlay" grill in my sig, best $36 ive spent on the car,

BTW my resale value just went way up

redsox and patriots stickers on rear window. lets hope the pats play a good game against indy sunday. best game of the season imo

ddd.jpg

Your gunna paint it right? I don't think I seen a white LS with a McLaren grill, I may actually like that look for that grill allot.

I like white LS's as much as Silver, when kept up with they look super clean cut.

Just a suggestion, take off that pinstripe and paint the turnsignal inner reflectors either white or black. I think that would look really nice with your color.

Good Luck with the car.

Your gunna paint it right? I don't think I seen a white LS with a McLaren grill, I may actually like that look for that grill allot.

I like white LS's as much as Silver, when kept up with they look super clean cut.

Just a suggestion, take off that pinstripe and paint the turnsignal inner reflectors either white or black. I think that would look really nice with your color.

Good Luck with the car.

Im not really thinking about painting it since it is already black, however my buddy does automotive paint. I might have him paint it all black a very shinny black, and then have him paint the horizontal bars between my fog lights black.

I dont like chrome on my car.
As far as my turn signals, when you look right at them, they look blue. They are the Sylvania chromium bulbs.

I like the pin stripe, but when i buffed the car with the orbital buffer, I melted it a bit. Im going to get a new pinstripe in black

That looks sweet, are you going to paint the grill? Inside white? With a White emblem?(does Ken make white emblems?)

I'm getting rid of one that I don't want just about as cheap as you bought yours...lol.

Thanks tho. I use silverstars. Ill take a pic for yah in the morning. If you do it white it may still look blue unless thats what you dont want. IMO that blue tint looks ricey.

I may go back to just amber bulbs for that fact but the painted reflector look makes the front end look like a totally different car and mine being black ( chrome reflectors ) makes the bulbs look kinda chrome sometimes.

omg that mclaren grille all white would look great, along with clear side markers and white headlight bezel!

just my $ .02

Last edited:
Not big fan of white cars,, but have seen couple that have been all white, matchin color wheels and looks dam good.

You should go all white, on ur corners, paint your bezels, grill than some color match wheels,, that will look tite and standout alot more than black on white.

But looks clean so far.

BTW we are about 30min apart,, you still got that insilation for my trunk hood?

Last edited:
yeah i still got it, its pretty thick though. if u wanna travel here to bristol this weekend or something we can cut it and try and make it fit in ur trunk

IMO I would at least paint the surround but if you aren't going to paint anything thats better than the whole thing being white. Painting the whole thing on a light color looks like puke.

Never a fan of painted to match bezels unless they are black with Angel eyes, very tacky and takes away contrast.

IMO I would at least paint the surround but if you aren't going to paint anything thats better than the whole thing being white. Painting the whole thing on a light color looks like puke.

Never a fan of painted to match bezels unless they are black with Angel eyes, very tacky and takes away contrast.

lol,, ur an idiot,,lol

lol,, ur an idiot,,lol

Here we go again.

I'm the idiot?

Your car looks like a beat up piece of trash, its a disgrace! Its so miss matched its not even funny,... like, oh gee,... lol funny.

I would post the pics but you removed them.

Some of you really need to know where you stand.

By the way, I loved those blue turnsignals rice boy.

Paint the surround white and leave the middle black at a minimum. All black doesn't look right to me. But hey, it's your car. Enjoy it either way. :)

attachment.jpg

Ha ha what a great job with the Krylon. Should have shot that big ugly spot on your bumper slick.

Who's the idiot?

Paint the surround white and leave the middle black at a minimum. All black doesn't look right to me. But hey, it's your car. Enjoy it either way.

+1 all the way.

I may be the only one who looks the all black look, I think it looks great with the headlights...contrasts very well.

I like it how you've got it now. Throw some black rims on it. Even better switch that front end to all white bezels grille and side markers and throw some white rims on it.

I unfortunately can't tell you to have it your way. Paint the surround white, it would look killer.

CAN SOMEONE PHOTOSHOP

If your goin for black and white I have some rims for sale.

Members online

No members online now.
Back