McCain pick - Sarah Palin merged thread?????

I'm living proof of this.
Welcome back!

The libs will beat up the woman, we all expect that. They eat their young. Sad but true.

However,

If she wins over the undecideds like I think she will, Obama is in deep doo-doo.

The emperor has no clothes claiming the Repub VP has no clothes.

Which would you rather see naked? :p

You can throw "executive experience" around all you like, but not all executive exp. is created equal. Mayor of a town of 5k and the Gov of Alaska, which as Bob noted above, has a pop. of less than LA county. IMO, this is going to blow up in the GOP face.

Any executive experience is more valuable then none.

You aren't going to make any headway by trying to downplay her experience, when no matter what you say, the other candidates still have less experience. You can't deny that fact and to ignore it is disengenuous.

That is why you don't elect senator's to the presidency!

You can throw "executive experience" around all you like, but not all executive exp. is created equal. Mayor of a town of 5k and the Gov of Alaska, which as Bob noted above, has a pop. of less than LA county. IMO, this is going to blow up in the GOP face.
Arkansas also has a population less than LA county. Worked out okay for Bill Clinton.

What tide is that? The media manufactured tide? The tide that always shows an 8 point variance to the actual results tide.

The only tide I see is a 52%- 46% tide for McCain in Nov.
Exactly. Face facts people - if the media hadn't propped up Obama, he would a) Be down 20 points already, or b) Have lost the nomination to Hillary by 20 points.

Corn stalks can't survive without wind, because the wind strengthens them as they grow. Obama has been carefully protected, and now he's vulnerable and unprepared.

Even so, this election will be close, as will all future elections where the media adds 10-20 points for the Dem nominee.

And you all know I'm right about that.

Oh, more eye candy for ya:

Sarah-Palin-Vogue.jpg

Another angle (that will be brought up) not working for her, the "what if" McCain has a heart attack or another incapacitating illness. She has less overall experience than even Obama.

(I wiki'd)
Mayor of a town with a pop of 5k. (10 years)
Gov for two years.

I don't know, gut instinct tell me this will backfire on the GOP.

Actually, McCain's VP pick of Palin was a very smart move. As for Obama being more experienced, surely you jest?

Huckabee got it right tonight on TV- the governor of ANY state has more experience relevant to being the President than any senator, regardless how long they've served.

What difficult decision has Obama EVER had to make regarding policy or diplomacy that he had to stand behind? NONE. He's a legislator. He's a lawyer. He's a blow hard.

Biden is no better. He's been in the Congress since he was 29 years old! He's done NOTHING else.

Glen Beck has a great take on this- read the end of the article.

Glenn Beck: McCain picks Palin!
August 29, 2008 - 13:16 ET

GLENN: From Radio City in Midtown Manhattan, third most listened to show in all of America. I may have found my pick for President. I want to explain this over the next few days. But it may be now John McCain because of Sarah Palin's experience on taking her own party on but not the way John McCain does. And if John McCain thinks he could pick somebody like her and she will be neutralized and she would be and she would step to the plate and say, "Oh, well, now I've got my ticket, I could be, you know, the first female President or whatever." Her experience shows Sarah Palin don't play that way. This is a vice presidential pick that if she was vice president and she disagreed, I mean, if she felt things were going awry and they were losing the heart and soul of the conservative party, she just might be the kind that would step up and say, you know what, I'm done, I'm out, he's going to have to find another vice president. We'll have to continue to look, but I'm going to give you some things that I know about Sarah Palin that I think will energize you.

We stumbled onto Sarah Palin months and months and months ago. It was right after the first of the year. I think it was it may have been April when I read about Sarah Palin, this unknown governor from Alaska, that she had just had a child with Down Syndrome. I want to play what I said on television the night we found out. Here it is.

(BEGIN AUDIO CLIP)

GLENN: 2006 not exactly a great year with Republicans with the election thing but I want to focus on the positive here, Sarah Palin. She was elected as the new governor of Alaska. I didn't even know a Republican won in the election in 2006, but she did. Sarah Palin. Impeccable record, one of the names being thrown around for possible vice presidential candidate for John McCain, but I don't want to make this about politics because it's not. Governor Palin returned to work this week, just three days after giving birth to her fifth child called Trig. The name means both true and brave victory. A spokesperson for the governor confirmed that Trig was born with Down Syndrome. Now, about the birth. Palin said Trig is beautiful, already adored by us. We knew through early testing he would face special challenges and we feel privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow us unspeakable joy as he entered our lives.

I read that story today and I thought, why have we not heard about this story. Here is an incredibly accomplished, smart, powerful woman who beyond all her talents has something, it seems like no politician possesses, perspective. She understands what a gift she's been given. It's been my experience with the parents of children with special needs that God usually gives those children really as a gift to truly amazing people. Listen to her language that she used. She feels privileged that God would entrust us with this gift and allow unspeakable joy.

I have a daughter of special needs and I can tell you that there is no one in my life that I have learned more from than my daughter. No one that has such a special spirit, no one that can inspire me the way that she does. I mean, it's tough sometimes. She knows it and I know it. But she is truly an incredible gift, and I am privileged to be entrusted with her. I believe the American people generally consent when we find somebody that stands out from the crowd, somebody who is able to shine even in such a dark realm as the world of politics. That's probably why Sarah Palin is one of the most popular governors in the country. Approval ratings in the mid 80s. Sure, I'm sure she's doing a great job, but it takes something more than that, doesn't it? Something by all accounts this woman has. Congratulations, governor Palin, a happy mom for the fifth time. From New York.

(END AUDIO CLIP)

GLENN: Okay. I know I am a dad of a child with special needs, but just that story inspires me. But there is so much more to Governor Palin why do I say I might have found the person that can make me pull the lever for the Republican party? Because this woman seems to have real principles.

Let me just share some things with you. She first tried to run against the governor of Alaska, the former governor, Murkowski. She lost. Murkowski wanted to silence her. So he decides, you know what I'm going to do? I'm going to appoint her onto the as the ethics commissioner onto the Alaska oil and gas conservation commission. I'm going to give her power. Now, this is a Republican governor appointing her and giving her the head over the ethics of the Alaska oil and gas conservation commission. He figured that, "She'll be quiet because I'll give her a little taste of power. I'll show her that I'm going to bring her into the party and I'm going to appoint her and she's going to sit right next to the head of the Alaska GOP."

So she's sitting right next to the chair of the Republican party and the governor, who's a Republican, appoints. What does she do? She resigns. She not only resigns, but she resigns in a very public protest over the ethics that she saw on that, not just the ethics of that council but specifically the ethics of the head of the Republican party. People loved her. It's what I've always said about Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton would be President today, I don't mean she would be the nominee, she would be President today. She would have been President in 2000 if, when her husband finally said, "All right, all right, I give," if she would have calmly walked out of the White House and held a press conference that night and said, "I think Bill Clinton is an amazing President. I agree with his policies and he will always be my President because I respect him for what he's done for this country. However, a woman isn't treated like that. Over and over and over again every marriage has its problems. We've had more than our fair share. But you know what? He's lied to me for the last time, and he lied to you. You make your own decision, but as a wife, I've made my decision. You don't treat a woman like that." She would have been elected in a landslide in 2000.

What people are looking for is somebody that's not intoxicated by power. Now, on a very small level we've seen this with Sarah Palin. Is she the kind of vice president that will stand up and say, "You know what, John, you're out of your mind, you're out of your mind. This violates every conservative principle I have in my body," and she is conservative. She is conservative.

Let me give you a couple of things first before I get into those credentials. They're going to say, "You've got to be kidding me. You're showing me a governor of Alaska?" "Yeah, that's what we're showing you, governor of Alaska." She has executive experience. No one else on the ticket, no one else on the ticket has any executive they've never run anything. They've all been senators or community activists. None of them have ever run anything. She has. She's the only one with executive experience.

Now, take it a step further. Let's look at the two let's look at the two camps. One has no executive experience, and the top of the ticket is the one with the least amount of any experience. The apprentice is leading the master. You look at the McCain ticket, you've got the apprentice in the appropriate position, to learn from the master, in this case hopefully teach the master a few things. She's also young. She's also a woman. You tell me that and quite honestly I think she's kind of hot. I've seen a couple of no, I'm just sayin'. I've seen a couple where she's I've seen a couple of pictures where she's looking pretty hot. I'm just saying she's a beautiful mom. That's all I'm saying. And Stu, do you have that confirmed that she is a beautiful mom?

STU: Yes, Glenn, she is hot. That is confirmed.

GLENN: Thank you very much. She knows how to run against all odds. This woman ran against not only the Democrat, she ran against the incumbent Republican, and she won. She won against the Republican in the primary and then she won against the Democrat. She has bipartisan appeal. She's a woman, but she's not a feminist. She's a strong woman, but she doesn't hate men. She is so pro life that when the doctors came to her and said, "Oh, boy, you've got a kid with Down Syndrome, what do you say, should we kill him?" She said, "Absolutely not." And she wouldn't allow them to perform any more tests. "We know he's going to have problems; we'll be able to deal with any of them."

While I am unsure about this, I think you might be right.

I have to ask myself, is she able to run the country? Even as Governor, she's only been there 2 years. Before that she was a Mayor of 7,000 people. So experience is an issue.

I also have to wonder, is she the best McCain could find as a possible replacement should he die in office? There are clearly more qualified people around for that position, so where is McCain's judgement?

How would other countries react to a MILF as President of the US?

On the other hand, I do like some of the things she has done. For example, I like that she stopped the GOP's pork project bridge to nowhere. She also raised taxes on the oil companies and gave that money to the people of Alaska. ($1200 tax rebate check)

So, while she is a MILF, (and a good one at that), and has minimal experience, she does appear to have some positives to me.

So experience is an issue.

And, uh, uh, uh, that's why I support Barack Obama. He's been a community organizer and a fraud all his life.

LMAO. PDS is already running rampant one day out.

Listen to yourself.

McCain has to die for this to be a problem for you. On the other hand, a racist muslim sympathiser with no real world experience (hell, the guy hasn't even won a contested election) should be batter up.

OK, if you say so.

Last edited by a moderator:

I have to ask myself, is she able to run the country? Even as Governor, she's only been there 2 years. Before that she was a Mayor of 7,000 people. So experience is an issue.

She has more executive experience then any of the other three. You have to consider that fact when considering her experience, otherwise you are looking at her experience out of context...

Joey, DeVille...

Here are the talking points, courtesy of Ed Morrissey of HotAir.com:

Why would he put a small-town mayor a heartbeat away from the presidency?

This is a real laugher. By the same logic, why would the Democrats make a state legislator the actual president? The answer is that Obama is a US Senator of three years experience, and Palin is a governor of 20 months’ experience. Only Barack Obama has spent two of those three years not in the Senate doing his job but running for President. Before starting his bid, he had a grand total of less than 150 days in session in the Senate. Palin, on the other hand, has run her state for more than triple that time.
And let’s remember that Obama is running for the top job, while Palin’s running for VP.

McCain can’t talk about experience any more — he’s shot himself in the foot!

Unfortunately for the critics, this argument doesn’t hold water, either. All four principals are running for the highest executive position in the federal government — indeed, the position in charge of the entire executive branch. How much executive experience does Obama have? None; he’s worked in corporate law, community organizing, and has eleven years as a legislator at various levels. Biden? He’s been a lawyer for three years and a Senator for 35 years, and has no executive experience at any level of government.

McCain at least has executive experience as a squadron commander in the US Navy, but Palin has the actual executive track record that the others lack. She has governed Alaska for 20 months, negotiated a pipeline deal with Canada (which gives her more formal diplomatic experience than either Obama or Biden), was commander-in-chief of Alaska’s National Guard, and so on. Even her more local-level experience is more applicable than Obama’s: she served two terms as mayor, an executive position, cutting taxes and running a small city. Obama served in the state legislature, with no executive responsibilities at all.

*owned*

And, uh, uh, uh, that's why I support Barack Obama. He's been a community organizer and a fraud all his life.

LMAO. PDS is already running rampant one day out.

Listen to yourself.

McCain has to die for this to be a problem for you. On the other hand, a racist muslim sympathiser with no real world experience (hell, the guy hasn't even won a contested election) should be batter up.

OK, if you say so.

Actually, I am kinda liking her so far - but to be frank, you guys shoving her down my throat with BS terms like "PDS" might change that. You should look inward a bit bryan. You have "ODS". I men, you cant get off Obama, and really, 90% of your comments about him make you look a little loony because they really lack substance. I dont care where he was born or who his parents are or what his religon was. All that is BS to me. he is a candidate. Deal with him on THAT level. Try discussing issues instead of just hating.

I havent made up my mind either way yet and you already have me labeled. Fact is, I voted in the Republican Primary (proof available) - so you can quit with the labels.

On the other hand, there is a part of me that is hoping to see Obama win so Bryan has 4 years of material... :D

Actually, I am kinda liking her so far - but to be frank, you guys shoving her down my throat with BS terms like "PDS" might change that. You should look inward a bit bryan. You have "ODS". I men, you cant get off Obama, and really, 90% of your comments about him make you look a little loony because they really lack substance. I dont care where he was born or who his parents are or what his religon was. All that is BS to me. he is a candidate. Deal with him on THAT level. Try discussing issues instead of just hating.

I havent made up my mind either way yet and you already have me labeled. Fact is, I voted in the Republican Primary (proof available) - so you can quit with the labels.

On the other hand, there is a part of me that is hoping to see Obama win so Bryan has 4 years of material... :D
Ehhh...I really hate to say this...

I mean, I really hate to say this...:shifty:

[gulp]

But I agree with Joey here. :eek:

Obama is a disaster policy wise. He's an Obamanation. Defeat him on his Marxism.

I also have to wonder, is she the best McCain could find as a possible replacement should he die in office? There are clearly more qualified people around for that position, so where is McCain's judgement?

How would other countries react to a MILF as President of the US?

On the other hand, I do like some of the things she has done. For example, I like that she stopped the GOP's pork project bridge to nowhere. She also raised taxes on the oil companies and gave that money to the people of Alaska. ($1200 tax rebate check)

So, while she is a MILF, (and a good one at that), and has minimal experience, she does appear to have some positives to me.

I've (also) been reading up on her; she does have more to offer than just a pretty face.

That's a valid point, out of everyone McCain could have chosen, why her; is she really the best for the country? Or is McCain simply making what he thinks is a smart move to "energize" his campaign and had some dazzle?

McCain has also said one major factor in choosing a VP would be someone who would be able to step in and lead should he be unable to, does he REALLY think Palin was the best choice out of the selection considering his previous statement?

I did enjoy her "I'm an anti good-ole-boy network" politician remark, that took a set of balls, crowd didn't like it though.

You have "ODS".

Joey, I don't hide the fact that I can't stand Obama. Here are a couple of the reasons.

#1: He is an empty suit. Without a TelePrompter, he is nothing. I said that along time ago here on this site.

#2: He is a product of the media. No other person with his qualifications would have ever made it through the 1st week.

#3: He hides who he is and was. And the media is complicit.

#4: I am convinced Obama is a 'fake' Christian.

#5: He is a Manchurian candidate and an egotistical prick.

#6: He has absolutely no relevant experience. NONE!

#7: He is an Arab/American, not an African/American, and he is ashamed to be "half-white".

#8: And he lies about his associations, the 'under the bus' syndrome.

There are tons more reasons but this will suffice. I could give at least 25 more. Why bother.

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

No members online now.
Back