Mark Viii X-pipe

Stangman

Project car a.d.d.
Reaction score
I lots of guys on here have them on their car... but where in the world are you getting them?

I've googled, searched the LMS site, supercoupeperf, and couldnt find anything... I am going to get my exhaust done soon (the permanent solution, instead of the south-central cackle the car has now) and I see the ebay kit for dual exhaust, but can't find an X or anything to make into an X.

IF it works, I want to get that Ebay mandrel kit, which will get me everything I need from the midpipe back... if I could find a midpipe.

I'll be going with Magnaflows, and I will be slightly heating my rear bumper to make exhaust tip reliefs for some LSC tips (which will be bought later)

Anyone got any tips?

Anyone make a good one on here? I dont care to cut right after the cats and install it, And if I have to hack a little off the ebay kit I dont mind either, I just want it to work!

Thanks!

I guess you missed this:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?p=573812#post573812

qx4kit1.jpg

You obviously hadnt searched SCP eaither. They have resonated and non resonated and everyone knows Genos shop sells them plus Summit, Jegs, LMR etc etc

I have the Magnaflow resonator X pipe (basically a muffler with dual in and dual out and has an x on the inside of the chamber). This is the quiet way to go.

If I had a choice to do it all over again, I think I would go with Geno's setup.

I have the X-pipe off of a '09 Shelby GT500 KR, got it off of ebay as a take off.....mounts up to the front pipes very nicely after you remove the third cat.

406e_35.jpg

Cool, thanks for the info. It is always good to get more options with parts etc that will work :) Thank you

Are you asking for tips like ideas or tips like for your car? I have some 97 LSC tips if ya want.

Yes, actual exhaust tips are what I'm looking for...

Also, what is the advantage of 2 X pipes over 1?

AND the biggest thing I need right now is pictures of how dual exhaust is ran just before the rearend, and All the way after the rear end! I need pics so my friend at the muffler shop can put it up in my car as nice and tight as possible... I have a ray switch on this car and dont wanna smash my pipes!!!

Here are pics of the exhaust I made in my garage for my '98 LSC. I don't think you'll find any tucked up better. ;)

Summit carries a few different ones

They are real easy to make if you have a welder just use two 45 mandrel bends

Members online

Back