Mark viii front clip change out can anyone help

1996mark8green

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have recentlly been hit in a parking light and insurance is paying to fix but i have been wanting to fix my headlight problem and need to know if a 1997 front end will fit on a 1996 mark viii found the doors are the same and the inside fender mount is also the same . If iam right this means you should be able to mount the front clip with out to many problems , Has anyone done this and give me any pointers. the front clip is 1500 and is in good working order .

I am pretty sure you cant swap them I may be wrong but dont look foward to it

i dont see why you wouldnt be able to swap it.. you will have to do some rewiring for the HID's, (it does come with the HID's in there right? i'd hope so for that price..)
its all the same subframe underneath, its just skin on the outside..

Well, I dont know that it couldnt be swapped, but there is alot that would need to be changed - How the headlights are mounted for example. Im not sure if things like the impact pads or raidiator supports will fit right either.

Check EVERYTHING before you dive into this project.

OR you can skip all the trouble and go get a 96 Mark VIII front bumper lol

That would be my thought honestly. Find a wrecked 96 and buy the whole car. Sell the parts you dont need and you'll come out ahead.

There are a whole bunch of 93-96 body parts on EBAY right now - CHEAP

You can do it. Its a 50/50 project.

I know someone who put on a complete Gen II ass end onto a Gen I. He used the trunk, quarter panels and bumper cover so I am damn near sure it should be no problem for the front end swap.

I know for a fact it would have to be a complete nose job, fenders, hood..etc.

well front clip comes with every part from firewall forward ecept engine is cut at window post and floorboard

Why would someone want a Thunderbird front clip on a Mark? I'm not baggin T-Birds, but a Mark is a Mark. A car with distinction and notariety needs to stay that way. Unless of course someone is really bored!!!

Bluesman73 said:
Why would someone want a Thunderbird front clip on a Mark? I'm not baggin T-Birds, but a Mark is a Mark. A car with distinction and notariety needs to stay that way. Unless of course someone is really bored!!!

it was a joke but I bet it would bolt up.

does anyone know what is included in converting to a gen II front clip so far i came to the conclusion of a
1.front bumper with grill
2.both left and right front fenders
3.a hood
4. headlights
but not sure about the doors? can anyone HElP or even piont me into the right directions about this topic ive been doing my research but im clue less what else

any ideas

does anyone know what is included in converting to a gen II front clip so far i came to the conclusion of a
1.front bumper with grill
2.both left and right front fenders
3.a hood
4. headlights
but not sure about the doors? can anyone HElP or even piont me into the right directions about this topic ive been doing my research but im clue less what else

Why would you want a gen 2 front end? Gen 1s are much better looking IMO. Just get the HID's for the 96 or buy new hallogens!

It's a true bolt on installation.
You'll need the hood, hood latch, fenders, wheel liners, header panel, header panel support braces, grill, headlights, bumper cover, lower valance, and some wiring needs to be redone.

I have pictures of the 94 with a 98 front end somewhere. It can be done under $1000 if you shop around.

It's a true bolt on installation.
You'll need the hood, hood latch, fenders, wheel liners, header panel, header panel support braces, grill, headlights, bumper cover, lower valance, and some wiring needs to be redone.

I have pictures of the 94 with a 98 front end somewhere. It can be done under $1000 if you shop around.

I have a 98 GenII in need of a front clip and I'm having trouble finding the parts. Would a 98 Thunderbird front clip work on a GenII ?

Members online

No members online now.
Back