Mark VII: Mass Air Conversion

Sifrino3

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
http://www.jegs.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=45244&prmenbr=361
46781868801.jpg
Convert your speed density system to mass air with this wiring harness. Just connect this harness to your new MAF sensor (not included) and simply plug into your existing speed density wiring harness that connects to the mass air ECM (not included). No cutting wires.

Product Number: 467-81868801
86-88 Mustang MAF Harness
Price: $79.99

Boost your fuel economy! Mass Air Conversion, Manual Transmission, EEC-IV, Meter, Hoses, Ford/Lincoln, Kit These mass airflow computer systems from Ford Racing operate with performance engine assemblies and stock high output engines. The kits include the EEC IV computer, a mass-air meter, inlet and outlet hoses, and a mass-air meter mounting bracket.

Note: Requires factory harness to complete installation.
Product Number: FMS-M12071F302
89-92 Mark VII Meter Kit
Price: $349.95

That is not "whole" true....cutting wires or soldering is the "ONLY WAY TO DO IT" in my book. Those whimpy crimpy deals are junk and make for a very unprofesional sloppy job and run the risk of doing it over. Best is to remove the connector pins from the harness and solder into them - or splice/solder/tape. SInce I work in the electronic industry, I have learned that connections are very important and so are the materials you use (ex Gold, Silver, Lead) Just like Audio connectors. Those crimpy basterds use little tin splicers that (in my industry) are a laughing matter. Not to bomb tyiou thread.....good find!! I am lucky enoughto own a parts car that is already converted.

heh, just go to the junkyard and find a mass air car, pull the connector and wires from the engine harness and solder them into your sd engine harness. You can remove wires/pins from the "dead" (unused) eec pins on the main connector and relocate them to the maf locations. Add an a9l or a3m eec, maf sensor and you're in business!

I am not a wiring expert, but I don't believe I will have a problem with the MAF conversion. I have read about 4 to 5 ways to do it now, different harnesses, cruise setup, etc. I am just wondering what is the best way $ per ease of install? Finding a junk mustang and cutting the harness out and soldering it sounds complicated without good instruction. Just let me know what works best for you guys.

Thank you,
I read that link, but am still uncertain as to the new wiring harness. Where is the best place to get the wiring harness? It looks like they have a very wide price range.

Thanks, looks like that'll work just fine that a meter and eec and I should be set. If I'm lucky I'll be able to get it done around $150 which would be a heck of a deal compared to the full kit.

Why are you converting to MAF? Do you have enough modification to your vehicle, especially cam, that would warrant the need for it?

Those kits were hard to find a few years ago. Glad to see they brought em back.
Very doubtful that you'll find a mass air mustang in a junkyard...well... doubtfull that you get to it before someone else does. lol. Hard to find. ;)

Get your EEC on ebay. Get an A9L, A9S, A1M1 for stock HO. Or an X3Z from the 93 Cobra set up, but that was 5 speed only...and you'll need 24lb injectors and 70mm meter with the X3Z. You can get most EEC's for $75-150. Mass air meters are ez to find too. I still have a stock 55mm meter in the garage. They sell anywhere from $20-40. larger ones cost more. I had two extra 70mm meters. Just sold one on ebay for $75.

Do your research before converting. Know what parts will function well with your setup and which ones will not help at all. Some applications can make your car run worse.

Members online

Back