Mark V11

582Boat said:
Question, what was the last year that the Mark V11 was produced.
I will have to repeat my question, I made a mistake, question is when did they change the body style of the MK V11, was it 1988 or 1989.

582Boat said:
I will have to repeat my question, I made a mistake, question is when did they change the body style of the MK V11, was it 1988 or 1989.
I honestly dont know what was changed body style wise. I thought most if not all of the external body parts were identical from 84 - 92. Obviously the interior/engine/suspension/etc did change during that timeframe, but I do not have an extensive date/change list for you. There are some smart cookies on this site that most likely will send you the exact info you are seeking. Looking forward to the correct answer.

gf.jpg

I am taking it that Old School will reply and correct any errors I make on this.

Mark VII begain in 1984

From 1984 - 85 they had the old 5.0 liter with what they called fuel injection at that time.. Which was a Cab fuel injection..

1986 - 87 was an improvement on the fuel injection..

1988 - 92 they put in the Mustang Cobra engine.

I do not know of any body changes from 84 - 92 as they look the same to me.

Now you could get the LSC and BB models but I am not sure what years they started..

These as I know were more cosmetic than anything but know reall body change.

582Boat said:
I tried to be a lurker.
Really I did :)

The 'body style' of the Lincoln Mark VII did not change from it's first year of 1984 to it's last yer of 1992. The fender from a 1984 will fit on a 1992 and vice versa et al. all years in between.

The Lincoln Mark line of cars changed from VII to VIII in 1993. In 1993, the lower, sleaker Mark VIII debuted. Mespock has everything else (approximately) correct :)

OldSchool1 said:
I tried to be a lurker.
Really I did :)

The 'body style' of the Lincoln Mark VII did not change from it's first year of 1984 to it's last yer of 1992. The fender from a 1984 will fit on a 1992 and vice versa et al. all years in between.

The Lincoln Mark line of cars changed from VII to VIII in 1993. In 1993, the lower, sleaker Mark VIII debuted. Mespock has everything else (approximately) correct :)

Damn I've been learning from some of the best teachers on of Lincolns!!!

The MarkVII (7) is a FOX body platform starting in 1984 through 1992.
Fox body = 1983-93 Mustang, 1983-88 T-bird/Cougar, ? LTD, ? Durango

The MarkVIII (8) is a MN12 body platform starting in 1993 through ?
MN12 = 1989+ Tbird/Cougar

ok, now I have a question too ... btw, I just got my mark VII 2 months ago and loving it ... I have an 87' but I checked the vin and firing order and I do have the 225hp HO Engine ... I read on this thread that this is considered the cobra engine ... could someone clarifiy?

thanks

Mario

they came with the 5.0 h.o. 225 hp they never had cobra engines in them because the 5.0 cobra did not come out until 93

Yeah, no cobra engine in a Mark VII. That comment came from outerspace.

re-Markable LSC said:
Yeah, no cobra engine in a Mark VII. That comment came from outerspace.
... or some guy trying to get another $1000.00 for the sale of his Mark VII.

I'm glad that Dude asked because LOTS of people sell Mark VIIs on e-bay and they boast that our Marks are the same as Mustang 5.0s and that just isn't true.

Well OldS.....in one way or another the MarkVII (except deisle) always had a mustang engine. But you are right....better ask than be sorry you paid.

OldSchool1 said:
... or some guy trying to get another $1000.00 for the sale of his Mark VII.

I'm glad that Dude asked because LOTS of people sell Mark VIIs on e-bay and they boast that our Marks are the same as Mustang 5.0s and that just isn't true.
they are the same as the 88 mustang gt and older (exept for the diesel vw engine in 84 i think it was)
the only thing that separates them 89 + is the maf=mass air flow
they did not have the cobra motor , the mark 8 had the 96-98 cobra motor4.6 dohc :bash: 87 newer good years better flowing e7 truck heads 87 5.0 225 86 205
:Bang :Bang :Bang :eek2:

stinkinlincoln said:
they are the same as the 88 mustang gt and older
I disagree ... but it's cool.
I was talking about the overall car. The two have a Ford 5.0 engine but the similarities sorta stop there.

Members online

Back