Mark 8 Vs SE-R Altima

NeedAGTo

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to know if anyone has ran one yet?

My buddy with his modded mark 8 keeps talking trash about another friends brand new SE-R.

The SE-R supposively runs low 14's at 99+ mph. My friends Mark 8 is runs mid 14's at around 98 mph with some bolt ons.

My money is on the SE-R, especially from a roll, what do you guys think!:)

SER is 6spd manual, correct? I remember the normal v6 altimas ran 14.1ish with a 5spd manual. Money on the nissan

those SE-R's are pretty slick. I once test drove a 3.5 Altima with a 5 speed and that thing had balls. too bad they are FWD

I recently drove an 04 V6 altima with an automatic, it wasn't a SE-R. It was quick but felt very cheap and drove kind of nasty. I didn't like it.

Hey needaGTo, can you please record the next time you guys race the mark VIII? Would really like to see

I beat 350z's all day, granted my best time at the track is only 14.1, but my car has more in it, even more with the gears, but ya I use to work for Nissan, and those Altima SE-Rs are quick and badass looking

mark0101 said:
Hey needaGTo, can you please record the next time you guys race the mark VIII? Would really like to see

Would love too, but my Mark 8 friend does not want to do it. I think it has something to do with losing every race he has with someone.;) :p

MarkOfDeath said:
I beat 350z's all day, granted my best time at the track is only 14.1, but my car has more in it, even more with the gears, but ya I use to work for Nissan, and those Altima SE-Rs are quick and badass looking

Sorry, i did not see your new times. Good job breaking into the 13's!

send your Mark 8 friend to this website so we can see whats wrong with his car. Hell with what he says and just record so we can see. I will say that I have only beaten one car that I shouldn't have, it was a 91 RX-7 with turbo.

mark0101 said:
send your Mark 8 friend to this website so we can see whats wrong with his car. Hell with what he says and just record so we can see. I will say that I have only beaten one car that I shouldn't have, it was a 91 RX-7 with turbo.

There is nothing wrong with his car. He traps 98 mph and run's mid 14's, with his mods thats the norm i see on this site.

Its just slow compared to other cars.:p

true, back in the day, if you had a 0-60 under 7 seconds was considered fast but now thats a norm. So for being a 8-13 year old car, its pretty good that it can keep up with cars made today.
Come on, luxury cars coming out today have HIDs as an option when the Mark VIII had it standard back in 1997

An Altima SE-R will beat a stock Mark VIII pretty convincingly if the driver knows what he is doing. A stock Altima 3.5 SE will be a better race. My friend used to own an 02 Altima 3.5 SE auto (4 speed) and it was quick off the line but was weaker in the upper rpm range. Never ran it at the track but I would have guessed it would have trapped 93-94mph at best.

98LSC32V said:
An Altima SE-R will beat a stock Mark VIII pretty convincingly if the driver knows what he is doing. A stock Altima 3.5 SE will be a better race. My friend used to own an 02 Altima 3.5 SE auto (4 speed) and it was quick off the line but was weaker in the upper rpm range. Never ran it at the track but I would have guessed it would have trapped 93-94mph at best.
I agree it all depends on whether the driver knows what he or she is doing.

Members online

No members online now.
Back