marauder muffler question

markdtskitted

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
hey people, i was wondering if i put some factory marauder mufflers off a 04 marauder on my 97 mark will it sound like the marauder? what do you guys think?

Everything from the opening of the intake thru the tips defines how a cars exhaust will sound, not just one part, it may sound very similar, but it'll never be exact...at least not to an exhaust expert

do you think it will be worth swapping to? i have a friend who totalled his 04 marauder & he was letting me get his mufflers for $50

Why would you buy stock mufflers....for more than a nice sounding a/m pair

I've got a pair of Jaguar XJR mufflers ...$35....haha -I kid

LOL i just like the sound of his marauder & $50 for the set of mufflers wasnt bad if i can get a sound like the marauder had

i cant imagine swapping for stock mufflers of all things, but if you like the exhaust note it will never be the same because of several items the cam profile, different style head (more flow, no imrc), and im not sure of the exhaust layout of the marauder, but just swapping the mufflers will not get you there.

As far as I know, they have factory H-pipe as well, so you might as well change everything rear of the cats. Also, they have longer tails (3"?).

But I think it's still possible to get a similar sound with all the right stuff.

If he's got an H pipe, that's more than likely what's helping produce the sound you like, and not so much his stock mufflers

the h pipe does throw a different sound in the mix but getting a 98 mark to sound like an 03 marauder would be like trying to get an 88 5.0 mustang with flowmasters to sound like a z28. everything is different except the firing order. the throttle body, the intake, no imrc's, the head(port size and location),cam profile, not to mention higher airflow across the board, cats in different locations, and the possability of an h pipe with a base mark with 2 into 1 to a split smaller diameter pipe and muffler things couldnt be more different, and the parts may be $50 but you have to pay someone to do it thats gonna be another $50, your better off just cutting off your mufflers altogether you'd be happier with that sound i think.

the muffler shop said i would get a descent growl but nothin like the marauder sound due to the way the heads are in the marauder motor that gives it that type of tone but the exhaust off the marauder does have a h pipe

Dude, just install an H, or an X pipe and a set of nice cans in the rear ...youre not going to make a Mark sound like a Maurader

You're trying to get a duck to make goose noises...ain't happening!

Members online

Back