manually controlling stock air ride 97 mark VIII LSC

420ss

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was wondering if any one has any ideas on how to gain manual control of the stock air ride system on a 1997 mark VIII LSC, and be able to control it while driving. another member of this site remembers someone developing something that could be put in place of the solenoid called a "rays switch". if any one has any ideas or has the solution, then that would save me and probably a lot of other people a lot of money.

been there done that.

rays switch is not for while your moving. it puts the car on the ground.

search module8 or asham8.
i don't like those cuz they will quickly and efficiently ruin your tires unless you set it to stock ride height.

sensor lower the car to the ride height you want and get it aligned asap.
install ray switch to slam the car and show off.

(do not do any of with leaking bags or an old compressor. the compressor will probably die.)

and search. this has all been covered before.

asham8

full manual control with switches

Its simple to override "bypass" the stock computer, and control the air ride.
In the process of doing it now, Chicken mod revisited... :)
Ray switch is a park toy as Chris mentioned.

Options are endless.
Factory system is simple, but can give you fits.
You need to open the solenoid at the bag to vent and to fill.
Open the vent in the pump to vent, close the vent to fill the bags.
Its simple, all 12 volts, use a psi gauge to control ride height.

what parts would i need and how would i go about doing that? cause you made that sound VERY easy, and i hope it is just like you made it sound.

i dont know how i could of not seen that link chris2523 posted, a thank you goes out to every one that posted on this thread, i believe that link is exactly what i have been searching for for at least a week, and there it was and you guys even posted it on the thread i started! i feel like such an idiot right now, this site along with a lot of help from member, right on the mark, has saved me a lot of time, money, effort, and headaches, so thanks again, for your time helping newbies like me out. oh while i'm here i was wondering why my low beams will work sometimes and then one will stop working, then the other one will stop, then one turns on again, and so on and so forth, any help will once again be greatly appreciated.

I say go for the asham 8 and just get it aligned after you figure out where you want the permeant ride hight.

Members online

No members online now.
Back