Manual transmission swap

HANG THE EXPENSE

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I had the clutch pedal set up installed in my 96 by RJ performance in sharpsburg Georgia. I had the dash and column, console etc out fixing the air conditioning and figured it was now or never so loaded it up on a trailer and carried it down there from north Georgia. The guy that runs and owns this shop is a Ford only guy by the name of Jason. I am happy as a tornado in a trailer park over the work and the price was good, not to mention the help with what lays ahead putting a 5 speed in the car. I don't have a clue what it takes to load up a picture but if someone wants to see the finished set up I can send a pick to you.

Hello everyone, I had the clutch pedal set up installed in my 96 by RJ performance in sharpsburg Georgia. I had the dash and column, console etc out fixing the air conditioning and figured it was now or never so loaded it up on a trailer and carried it down there from north Georgia. The guy that runs and owns this shop is a Ford only guy by the name of Jason. I am happy as a tornado in a trailer park over the work and the price was good, not to mention the help with what lays ahead putting a 5 speed in the car. I don't have a clue what it takes to load up a picture but if someone wants to see the finished set up I can send a pick to you.

Please....send pics here and I'll post them for you if you don't know how!

HANG THE EXPENSE is having troubles posting pics and sent a pic of his clutch assembly to my e-mail. So here it is. Looks good!

Clutch Pedal Mark VIII.jpg

Thanks for posting the pic Dan.The fun begins putting all the dash back in and not having anything left over.

Yes,that is correct.The fun will be repositioning the ecm or whatever its called away from the clutch pedal area and eliminate the a/c vent below the column.Its a learning process for sure.

Yes....received and posted! Had to clean them up and sharped a bit, but here they are. Good job btw!

Clutch Pedal Mark VIII (2).jpg

Clutch Pedal Mark VIII (3).jpg

Clutch Pedal Mark VIII (5).jpg

Sweet. I've always wanted an extra gear in the transmission even on an automatic. Here's my buddy's 06 GT Stang with a 5 speed automatic. What gets me is how well the car stays in the powerband. His car shifts on the tachometer like my car does with a damn stall converter. With such wide gearing, its no wonder we have to gear up out back and stall em out to make these 4-speeds worth a **** on the street. My buddy's G8 GT with a 6 speed is the same way. You should look up the transmission gear ratios on those 6 speeds sometime too. Our first gear if I recall is like 2.84:1 which is failsauce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4xFWrnDPE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSej7dIVdVg8KuJd354Ztug

Hopefully this all gets put back together this weekend.Good excuse to clean the carpet while its out.BTW I'm using all 2005 GT parts which will make this all go back together easier.

Sweet. I've always wanted an extra gear in the transmission even on an automatic. Here's my buddy's 06 GT Stang with a 5 speed automatic. What gets me is how well the car stays in the powerband. His car shifts on the tachometer like my car does with a damn stall converter. With such wide gearing, its no wonder we have to gear up out back and stall em out to make these 4-speeds worth a **** on the street. My buddy's G8 GT with a 6 speed is the same way. You should look up the transmission gear ratios on those 6 speeds sometime too. Our first gear if I recall is like 2.84:1 which is failsauce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U4xFWrnDPE&feature=c4-overview&list=UUSej7dIVdVg8KuJd354Ztug

The mustang also having 4:10's might also have something to do with it.

Got everything back together and the evap core (new)leaks like hell.Its all gotta come back out.It sux to be me but we should be real good at dash removal from here on out.can someone point me in the right direction on who makes the wiring extension for the PCM? Thanks in advance,Tom.Looks killer with the clutch and brake pedal installed.Blew their mind at the FORD dealership when they saw it.

Members online

No members online now.
Back