Magnaflow Exhaust 03-06

Nice find StealthLS!! Ill be first in line to get it. I would rather have a full cat back stainless Magnaflow system to replace my custom one I have now. Hopefully they put some nice tips on it. I will email them and find out what they are trying to offer.

Tony over on LLSOC has the prototype on his 03 (he lives near the factory). That was 2 years ago. With only a meager 5 horse increase on the dyno Magnaflow decided not to proceed with this system. I would be surprised if they are changing their mind and planning to make it now. My guess is that this is a leftover page from when they were planning to market an 03- up that was never deleted..

On the other hand we can always hope that they have changed their mind.... :cool:

I'll give them a call on Monday to see where they are at with it. I know Tony got one put on and that was for Magnaflow's R&D purposes. They may have done more with the exhaust to increase the performance since that install.

GrayGhost1 said:
I'll give them a call on Monday to see where they are at with it. I know Tony got one put on and that was for Magnaflow's R&D purposes. They may have done more with the exhaust to increase the performance since that install.
Whats the scoop on the K&N intake availability?

Thanks

Kelleyo said:
Whats the scoop on the K&N intake availability?

Thanks
K&N is showing all in stock. I have one pending order that is waiting to be drop shipped from K&N.

Price shows $0. Looks to me that is isn't available.

I sent an e-mail to Magnaflow concerning the 2003-2006 cat back and here is the response:

This system should be available in about 6-8 weeks. Check back with that link for the systems release as we update daily.

Looks like we may get one after all...

I called and spoke with my sales rep at Magnaflow today and he did confirm there will be a system available for the 03-06 Lincoln LS sometime in about 6-8 weeks. Pretty much what Kelly said above. I asked about style and anticipated performance gain and he said they could not release that information until the system hits the streets. It looks like one will be available though.

I have been hearing that the 2003-06 K&N V8 induction kits will fit the V6 LS's as well. I can not confirm this but would make for an interesting test fit.

Cool. It has resonators on though, most do their exhaust without them to get a louder tone, plus you can do almost the exact for far less.

I still have my resonators. How much louder is it without them? Anyone have a good answer or way to judge that....

Cool. It has resonators on though, most do their exhaust without them to get a louder tone, plus you can do almost the exact for far less.

oh damm...the only reason i want one is because i had one on my VW and i loved it. It had a resonator as well and it was pretty loud. I guess im just comparing apples and oranges.

you dont think it would be loud enough? or louder than your current setup?

Well I had magnaflow mufflers with and x pipe and no resonators, it wasn't loud enough for me. I saw a youtube video of a guy who installed a magnaflow kit on his gen1. When he turned the car on, it sounded like stock, and he even had to stick the camera inches from the tips to hear any extra muffler sound. I laughed but felt bad, him trying to show off but it didn't work.

I say take them off bullschmidt so you can see. It wont cost much, plus video dont compare to hearing it in person. If you dont like it you can't just reinstall them. Thats what I did when I went from the borla mufflers to flowmaster. Flows were too loud so I had the res put back on.

The thing I didn't like about magnaflows in regards to sound is that they would stop getting louder at a low rpm. Let say you're stopped and step on it at 3/4 throttle, the mufflers would get louder as the rpm went up, up until like 3500, then they would top out I guess you could say. The bassani's dont. From the start they are a little louder than magnaflows. When you get on it, it sounds different and has a nice sound too, if you floor ot at 3/4 throttle they get louder and louder past 3500, like how mufflers should

The thing I didn't like about magnaflows in regards to sound is that they would stop getting louder at a low rpm. Let say you're stopped and step on it at 3/4 throttle, the mufflers would get louder as the rpm went up, up until like 3500, then they would top out I guess you could say. The bassani's dont. From the start they are a little louder than magnaflows. When you get on it, it sounds different and has a nice sound too, if you floor ot at 3/4 throttle they get louder and louder past 3500, like how mufflers should

I've noticed this about my magnaflows too, i dont recall noticing this with my dub tho.

i think the reason i want this system so bad is because im not happy with my current setup. Does the x-pipe do anything in terms of sound? performance?

So what make the kit so different from what you have? You're going to spend 1k on something you basically have? The kit has 2.5'' pipes, resonators( which most take out so it's useless) and x-pipe, magnaflow mufflers and tips. The 2.5'' pipes you can get at a shop for cheap. An x-pipe helps with scavenging and it quiets the exhaust a little, but not as much as resonators do. You can try just having one magnaflow muffler, or your choice or muffler for a different sound.

You can also try doin a dual in/out muffler instead of one muffler per side for a different tone. nickt88lsc did it to his and it sounded nice.

An exhaust with just resonators and x-pipe sounds good too. Deep and loud, but not as loud as straight pipes.

I'll out up a video of the bassani's so you get an idea of the difference

check out this magnaflow kit video. At idle you can barely hear the exhaust. He has to rev it to hear it. I like my exhaust to be heard at idle and more while driving. Compare it to mine at idle, you can hear it rumble, more than you can hear the kit.

YouTube - Full Magnaflow kit on 2000 Lincoln LS V8

YouTube - 2004 LS magnaflow 1

Found some on a mustang close by so late at night, I took my handy dandy saw and chopped them off. They look better on my ls anyways.lol.

Autoanything. You can't buy them online anymore, but you can still order them, you just have to call them so they can place an order from bassani and bassani ships them to you.

Really? Thats sweet! What did you get them for? I paid like 160 for each.

Members online

No members online now.
Back