Magna Flow -- '04

Frasch

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Took a ride in a friends 02 lincoln with a catback Magnaflow exhaust system and I was amazed at how much zip it had...Been searching today to see how much a catback would run me for a 04. But I cannot find anything on the '04's so my question is:

Will the 02 catback exhaust fit on the '04? :confused: :shifty:

Your 2nd gen 2004 Lincoln LS exhaust is more efficient and different than the 1st gen, your only gain will be sound and maybe 3-4 hp for a fair amount of $$$.

+1, if you want the sound, just change the mufflers.

so can i just change the mufflers than and get a gain for half the cost of the catback then?

sorry i seen the post didnt type fast enough...

No, not really. I didn't notice a big diference on the butt dyno when I changed mufflers.

If power is what you are going after, your money is better spent elsewhere.

You can add CAI and a custom tune for an approximate gain of 30hp for the approximate same cost of catback and 3-4 hp around $750-$800.

I chose CB's for the price, I can get em for only $30 a piece. I'm looking for something under $100 that can get me some good sound, or at least close to that.

120$? where the hell did you get that number?

summitracing.com

search part number 14416 (2.5") and 14444(2.25) and 14415 (2.0")

I dont know what size your looking for. i forget what size is stock piping on a 03+ v8 LS....

Either way, summit has them for 67.99 a peice. and they are stainless steel with a million mile warrenty.

if you want a sound clip i have one from them on my car.

I personally do not like the drone of loud exhaust at cruising speed and prefer the sound of a CIA intake under acceleration. IMHO

If you had a video or soundclip that would be great. Also, I looked up the part number on the magnaflow website,.

That's an amazing sound, but I'm guessing you have a whole exhaust overhaul. Pete, don't you have just mufflers? or did you go with a complete system too?

That's an amazing sound, but I'm guessing you have a whole exhaust overhaul. Pete, don't you have just mufflers? or did you go with a complete system too?

Just the magnaflow mufflers. I still have the stock resonators. I had the shop do 2.25" pipe from the resonators back. It was an extra 20 or 30 bucks.

These are the mufflers I have:

http://www.magnaflow.com/02product/shopexd.asp?zone=main&id=7663

With just some generic SS angle cut rolled 3.5" tips.

I searched ebay real quick, and you can buy these mufflers for 69 bucks each with free shipping. It says 69.22 or best offer, so maybe you can get the pair for 100 shipped or something. Worth a shot:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/MAGN...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Then all you need is tips, and installation.

We both have the same Gen of LS. But yeah, from what I understand, the gen2 came with a "better" exhaust system, probably a finer tuned version of the previous.

And Pete, as far as the angled tips are concerned, could I just use the stock tips? I really like the quad tip look. I really don't know that much about exhaust systems yet, but, I can tell on the road usually what year of LS it is, model, engine and extras from a glance! :D Also, if you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM with all your numbers with install etc. that would be awesome.

We both have the same Gen of LS. But yeah, from what I understand, the gen2 came with a "better" exhaust system, probably a finer tuned version of the previous.

And Pete, as far as the angled tips are concerned, could I just use the stock tips? I really like the quad tip look. I really don't know that much about exhaust systems yet, but, I can tell on the road usually what year of LS it is, model, engine and extras from a glance! :D Also, if you wouldn't mind shooting me a PM with all your numbers with install etc. that would be awesome.

Oh yeah, I'm sure you can just weld those tips onto the new mufflers. Any exhaust shop should be able to do that for you. I'll shoot you a pm with the numbers.

Members online

Back