M.A.F silencer

The MAF has no silencer. The silencer is on the bottom of the air box. On my 98 it just pulled off.

newb, remember my first post, are you talking about the silencers on the intake tube? the ones that go over your motor?

ther not really silencer, the heat exchangers, gen 1 anyways, i suppose knowing the gen of his car would help

Heat exchangers? :lol:

They're helmholtz resonators used for breaking up standing waves. Whether they are there to help air flow, reduce noise (or both?) I'm not sure.

Hey noob you in kansas? And yes more info is needed. I believe you are talking about the helmholtz resonators. And if that is what you are talking about,,,,, you're question is "how do smooth the intake tube?":D

I really think his question from the start was how to remove the silencer that goes from the bottom of the MAF box that's routed up to the underside of the passenger side headlight.

Like someone mentioned before, remove the wheel, remove the liner, get the silencer loose and jerk the hell out of it and it will come out. All of us guys are used to jerkin aren't we? :D Don't lie, you know you do it.

All the others that are bustin balls about the resonators up top lol, just take the big one loose from the clamp and go to Lowe's or somewhere that has a good sturdy rubber cap "that fits" and put some gorilla glue inside the inner edges and twist it on. Leave the other one alone unless it is really bothering you that bad. It's not really hurting anything being there besides the look.

Members online

No members online now.
Back