LSE Bumper Mesh Insert

De-marko

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok, today I installed a mesh insert into the lower grille. I bought the upper insert off of ebay about 4 years ago and has been on both of my cars by swapping the grille before I sold my other. It's the rain gutter insert that the guy on ebay was raping for $30 or so, the whole piece is $6 from a harware store. Oh well, live and learn.

It didn't take me too long to put it in since the LS has got to have the easiest bumper cover to remove.

I did the same thing on my '00 and really liked it, but I'm not too sure how I feel about this one. I think the LSE opening may be a bit big and makes the car look "toothy". Plus, I'll have to wait for the lower to get oxidized to match the upper. :rolleyes:

What are your guys thoughts, good or bad I want to hear them. :p

bumper 1.JPG

bumper 2.JPG

bumper 3.JPG

bumper 4.JPG

bumper 5.JPG

I like the lower insert, but I don't like the upper insert. I think the upper mesh inserts look tacky on this car.

I like it. If it were me I would've put it on the outside of the bumper.

Right on, that would have made it look like the CDC grille. It think it would be tough to secure and cut to fit perfect but would be worth a try. :)

Right on, that would have made it look like the CDC grille. It think it would be tough to secure and cut to fit perfect but would be worth a try. :)

Ya I like the CDC grilles. You could make a template with cardboard to fit the lower grille and then trace it to the mesh. Securing it would be the tricky part. Zip ties would look like junk, not sure what else you could use.

I like it behind the lower and think the upper would look good with it behind the 'waterfall' as well even though you won't see much of the upper one.

Did you clear coat the aluminum or just install it bare?

I think the upper mesh inserts look tacky on this car.

Is it because you can see the waterfall through the mesh in the pics? Interestingly you don't see it much in person but when you snap a pic it really shows up; from a distance you can't tell. Here is a pic of the '00 with the same grille but obviously from a distance.

car.JPG

Is it because you can see the waterfall through the mesh in the pics? Interestingly you don't see it much in person but when you snap a pic it really shows up; from a distance you can't tell. Here is a pic of the '00 with the same grille but obviously from a distance.

Yeah, it's because you can see the waterfall. Looks much better there! I also agree that the lower grille insert looks better how you have it installed, rather than in front. Much better.

Members online

No members online now.
Back