Ls Vs Charger

tepos

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Anyone smoked a Charger before????

2006 or 2007 dnt know maybe a V6 or V8... Sum guy where i live wants to race later on....

If it's the hemi, you might want to install some spray. I've never raced one, though.

What does a charger weigh? The v6 puts out about 250 hp/250 lb ft of torque. the 5.7 hemi? 340hp/390 lbft.

Is not a hemi thats 4 sure....

are you running stock? with standard mods on a gen 1, you should be fine.

2000 V8 flowmasters with KNN intake... Im gonna try 2 get video of it...

I Had A Run In With A Srt-8 With A Few Bolt-Ons...And Lets Just Say I Had To Spray Alittle Just to Catch Back Up...:rolleyes: ...DAM HEMI's:D

Like i said is not a hemi i know how those machines look like... but i dnt know if is a v8 if it is i know is all stock. He just got it an wants 2 show off...

O...Well In That Case You Have Nothing To Worry About...The V6 Models Are SLLLOOOWW...You Should Be Able To Hurt His Feelings Pretty Easily ;)

Pretty sure they only come with either the v6 or the two diff hemis. So if its not a hemi then its the 6.

They weigh somewhere upwards of 4000lbs. I know for sure the new Challenger weighs 4180lbs, I would think the Charger would be more.

^ +1 the only v8 option was the hemi

the only hemi it would've came with was the 5.7L. I don't think the 6.1L was an option until 2008

I watched a Charger with the 5.7 Hemi pull 13.6 at New England Dragway last week. I could see D/R's but I don't think he was running anything exotic, looked pretty stock under the hood and he claimed it was not chipped or tuned....yet.

I think you can count the pipes on those. 1 pipe v-6 2 pipe v-8. I have heard after the get go those things are dogs.

Most people don't know the difference between the HEMIs, well fact is they aren't HEMIs but thats what they call them.

I have yet to see a 5.7 HEMI run better than 14.4 at the track and more common to see them running 14.5-14.7s, bad driver as bad as 15.0. Basic bolt ons near stock of course.

SRT8 is the real deal and will run easy deep 13s. There is 80ish HP between the 2 HEMIs, big difference. I believe the original HEMI to be a big disappointment power wise and therefore the 6.1 followed fast. The car is very heavy.

If its a V-6 and he want to race...??????????? thats just stupid.

I ran a HEMI wagon and a HEMI sedan in the past couple of weeks since I put my LSD in and I was surprised that I was able to slightly outrun both. Not the SRT-8 versions, I wouldnt stand a chance against one unless it was a bad driver.

i have a 00 ls v8 and i raced my freinds r/t charger v8 and i blew him out and im still running stock he beat me in take off but i had it in the long run

i have a 00 ls v8 and i raced my freinds r/t charger v8 and i blew him out and im still running stock he beat me in take off but i had it in the long run

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, that happened . . . if he pulled a couple spark plug wires maybe. I'm curious, how many people here have actually driven a Charger R/T and how many have "heard things" about them?

Some of us are in reality.

The 5.7 HEMI isn't that great. Overated. I have yet to see one run that great at the track...stock or near. I'm ther alot.

That said unless your runnin in the best of the LS class times it will beat you.............just not as bad as they think.

Members online

No members online now.
Back