LS V8 Visteon COP Part #??

Rigsby94

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I am going to replace all my COPs with some Visteon's. I have heard really good things about them. I'm wanting to order a set on Amazon but I need to know the part # for them. Also does anybody have any recommendations for a good spark plug as well? Should I keep motorcraft platinum or go with some NGKs?

vis60-1008, but they are no longer available at Amazon.

be the guinea pig to try the karlyn brand coils the sell them at rock auto.
They are supposedly a high quality german brand

Hmm yeah they aren't available on Amazon or Ebay...I may try the link above and order them from there. I don't really want to try out a set of coils. I don't have a ton of extra money right now and I know the visteon coils are good but thanks anyways. Thanks for the info!

If you search on Visteon you should find several useful threads on here about the Visteon COPs (I know; I did just over a week ago). Apparently, they're no longer being exported to the US, which means you'll only be able to get them until the sellers sell out their existing inventories.

The best price I found on Motorcraft COPs was at Amazon ($46.89, http://amzn.com/B001SPT7N2 ), but I was looking for 2nd Gen V8 COPs (DG529); I don't know if the 1st Gen V8s or any of the V6es use the same.

I went with NGK Iridium IX plugs (part # 5464 or BKR5EIX-11); the best price I found locally was at AutoZone: http://www.autozone.com/autozone/parts/_/N-8gctd?itemIdentifier=505343_0_0_

FWIW, NGK OEM'd the Motorcraft plugs in my LS--on one side they say Motorcraft, and on the other they say NGK.

All V8 COPs are the same, and all V6 COPs are the same, but V8 and V6 COPs are different.

The newer part numbers (DG529) supersede the prior ones.

MOTORCRAFT Part #DG529 from rockauto for the V8. (thanks joegr)
... and they offer a discount code.

they work just fine.

EDIT:

after my order finalized, some days past and they send me this,

Thank you for being a RockAuto customer! To show our appreciation, we have a special discount for you.
Your discount code is: 114051239344729

I paid 44$ for mine per unit. I used a different discount code I found somewhere.

hope the above code helps you some.

That's probably a standard 5% Rock Auto discount. They offer that all the time.

I paid 44$ for mine per unit. I used a different discount code I found somewhere.
That must've been a special code. Rockauto's standard discount code gets you 5% off; they list the DG529s at $50.79, so a standard code would only get you down to $48.26.

That must've been a special code. Rockauto's standard discount code gets you 5% off; they list the DG529s at $50.79, so a standard code would only get you down to $48.26.

You're right !

CAD$ 44.81 per unit, then discount on total on checkout.

44.81 Canadian dollars = 45.4001 US dollars, clearly they've gone up in price since I bought them.

rockautoDG529.jpg

Rockauto was also cheapest on shipping rates to me, others where triple that price.

rockautoDG529.jpg

That's probably a standard 5% Rock Auto discount. They offer that all the time.

Could be, searched for discount codes on Google and tried a few,
was send that code after my purchase, but if it doesn't help you any then don't use it.

Ouch 350 for COPs......I'm glad I was able to grab a set of Visteons on Ebay a month back...to my door was 244........

I'll yell ya one thing....after these go I will be going with ACCEL's or I might Guinea Pig myself out on some of the cheap ones.

Big differance for the V8 & V6 Visteons on Ebay

I believe they were recalled or pulled. I was looking for them too and heard good things as well. But they are very hard to find except for no name sites that most of forward you to amazon.com. I think they were being pulled because of people fraudulently copying them, and selling them as legit parts. But im not sure about that, they are near impossible to find. But if you find a good site to get em from, please PM me cuz i need to COP's as well, well, dont need but i know i will soon and dont want to wait till its too late, do it now and get it over with! Let me know how your search ends.

Anybody have any experience with the cheap COP's on places like RockAuto.com, im a little scared to do it cuz i have not had good experience with crappy and cheap parts. Any input would be great!

Well, if we are going to make wild guesses...

I'll guess that they stopped making them and then had a big sale off of the inventory they had. Now they've run out.

I read some where on the Visteons that they are now for sale only in Eurpoe. Since they are no longer provide OEM to Ford they are not allowed to be sold in the US.

I wish I could find that article again.

Thanks for all the info guys! I am going to be ordering the Visteon's on the only website I could find them on which was Dave's discount auto parts. The link posted earlier in the thread. I want to buy a set before they are no longer available. And I am going to pick up a set of NGK iridiums. That seems like the best plug and cop set up.

Your welcome!

yeah, I trusted them enough to place the order to have them truthfully tell me that I would be refunded as the order needed to be canceled because they didn't have the stock on the VIS60-1008's like it said on their website.

Really what they meant to tell me was, "We don't sell/ship to Canadians!"

So this, you see was a test for me to see if Dave's would sell to you, if he even had the stock on hand.

Your welcome!

yeah, I trusted them enough to place the order to have them truthfully tell me that I would be refunded as the order needed to be canceled because they didn't have the stock on the VIS60-1008's like it said on their website.

Really what they meant to tell me was, "We don't sell/ship to Canadians!"

So this, you see was a test for me to see if Dave's would sell to you, if he even had the stock on hand.

Really think they have any?

I'm still on this Anti-Canadian thing a bit, I found a shop in Brooklyn that advertised he had Visteons for my V8, two minutes into the conversations ( I phoned them) after him telling me, that he has them and they are real Visteons, he follows with the "we don't ship to Canada"

The other one was Dave's, showed on thier site they had "in Stock", I fill the shopping cart up and proceed to checkout handing over all my CC and address info, to only find an email in my inbox next day explaining it's being canceled because suddenly they are out of stock, yet as you can see, it's still on their website todate.

Go ahead, give it a try, order 16 of them and I'll pay you for to forward ship them to me for extra $$$

I ended up with the Motorcrafts DG529 and they seem to run fine,
Rock Auto doesn't care what color the money is.

~ alright, that's enough of me, I'm out.

Visteon ignition coil | eBaymotors.shop.ebay.com › Buy › Parts & Accessories
VISTEON 60-1008 Ignition Coil. Ignition Coil. Location: Brooklyn, NY. Watch this item.
Get fast shipping and excellent service when you buy from eBay Top-rated ...

it was The-Part-House out of Brooklyn, NY
http://stores.ebay.com/The-Part-House

seems to be out of stock now, but had them but didn't want to ship to Canada.

Members online

No members online now.
Back