LS "Super Sport"

Matt Man

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey all, I could only find one other refernce on the forum to this car. Looks like it was a dealer or aftermarket run of 200 vehicles? Here is the thread I found:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=32996

From what this thread says, all mods to the cars were appearance things with no motor work. I got a call from my buddy today, who lives in Texas, and he says someone local to him is selling a "super sport" Lincoln LS. To top it off, the guy also says it supercharged with well over 300 hp. He is going to take pictures for me as proof when he looks at it, because it doesn't sound like the owner really knows much about the car. He claims the car was bought new like this, not done on the aftermarket.

I know some of you on here now know of these cars, but have you ever heard of one being supercharged? Is it possible the motor is out of a s'charged jaguar XJ or something of the sort? My curiosity is killing me! I know we wont know for sure until he looks at the car, but I'm wondering if he should even waste his time looking at it.

-Matt

The supercharger is aftermarket. The Jag motor is not compatable with our cars. Someone might have done a supercharger install. Not every tricked out LS is on LVC.

He claims the car was bought new like this, not done on the aftermarket.
It might have been bought new like that, but it did not roll off of the line at Wixom like that.
I know some of you on here now know of these cars, but have you ever heard of one being supercharged?
Yes, but none from the factory (excluding the LS Lincoln built a few years ago for the One Lap of America (OLOA), which is sitting in a Ford parking lot in Dearborn). QuikLS has a supercharged LS; he helped the guy who makes the kits develop the prototype; it uses an Eaton M90 from an MN-12 T-Bird SC.

"SS" is also chevy. It's like saying I have a shelby camaro, or SRT8 mustang. People can just mix and match labels but doesn't mean it's true.

I have seen a few LS " Super Sport" listings, but it was just the owners putting that in the listing thinking their ls was "special edition" or something. I have also found a few people saying they have an speacial edition ls called LSE that has a differtent body kit and supercharger from the factory with making 350 hp in the car. This was just one ls done by mclaren but never made it into production.

The supercharger is aftermarket. The Jag motor is not compatable with our cars. Someone might have done a supercharger install. Not every tricked out LS is on LVC.

The only supercharged LS's I have heard of are Quik's and the one factory one built by Lincoln (both noted by Sooner below) :), so i figured that it was aftermarket. I did not know the Jag motor was incompatible, though.

It might have been bought new like that, but it did not roll off of the line at Wixom like that.

Yes, but none from the factory (excluding the LS Lincoln built a few years ago for the One Lap of America (OLOA), which is sitting in a Ford parking lot in Dearborn). QuikLS has a supercharged LS; he helped the guy who makes the kits develop the prototype; it uses an Eaton M90 from an MN-12 T-Bird SC.

Yeah I know that it wasn't from the factory supercharged, but what I don't know is if some side company took 50 or so LS's brand new and slapped on superchargers. I think something like that would have gathered serious attention, though. Also, considering the car is nearly 10 years old that would mean this mystery company supercharged an LS before Quik. Again, I think the tight knit LS community would have heard of this.

"SS" is also chevy. It's like saying I have a shelby camaro, or SRT8 mustang. People can just mix and match labels but doesn't mean it's true.

I have seen a few LS " Super Sport" listings, but it was just the owners putting that in the listing thinking their ls was "special edition" or something. I have also found a few people saying they have an speacial edition ls called LSE that has a differtent body kit and supercharger from the factory with making 350 hp in the car. This was just one ls done by mclaren but never made it into production.

I know that Super Sport (SS) is a Chevy term, but there is picture evidence in that other thread that some dealers made LS Super Sports. Looks like they put on LSE skirts and an aftermarket grill with slightly different bumpers blah blah and call it an SS.

I'll keep the thread up in the mean time in case someone else has any information, but it is looking like we'll be calling bull$hit on this car. I would like for it to exist, but it just sounds like a misinformed owner that doesn't know WTF a supercharger is and has never popped his own hood.

-Matt

It's a significant error to say thart a Jag engine is 'incompatable' with the LS platform. (See 'Land Speed LS' in th HP section). Installation requires no mechanical fabrication---at most an exchange of some sensors. The engine architecture is the same for both the Lincoln and Jag engines.

KS

If I remember correctly the Super Sport LS was one dealers attempt to modify the car and market it as a Super Sport model. I thought it was a dealer on the east coast somewhere. Not really a performance mod, but an appearance mod.

my 97 chevy suburban has a factory LS emblems on it. i have had it for 5 years and didn't realize or notice it tell i got the lincoln LS

If I remember correctly the Super Sport LS was one dealers attempt to modify the car and market it as a Super Sport model. I thought it was a dealer on the east coast somewhere. Not really a performance mod, but an appearance mod.

IIRC They were a limited run of 200.:rolleyes: Each LS had a dash plaque "blah of 200". The Razzi kit side and rear pieces came on the LS.

The only supercharged LS's I have heard of are Quik's and the one factory one built by Lincoln (both noted by Sooner below) :), so i figured that it was aftermarket. I did not know the Jag motor was incompatible, though.

-Matt

Now and then a LVC member finds some guy trying to sell a "supercharge" LS on Ebay or Craigslist. It ends up getting posted here. Most of the sellors claiming the supercharger is factory. It simply comes down to the owner not knowing or trying to scam someone that doesn't know better. Thats why I said "not every tricked out LS is on LVC". Its all good thou. Definitely try to get pictures and more info. Who knows? It could be legit.

Members online

No members online now.
Back