Ls seats

SteveSC

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
Ok so my wife has traded her Ls for a new MKZ. So here is the question. She has the "basket weave" seats and I am wondering if I can switch them. Here is the problem, she has power lumbar and I don't. Does anyone know if the power is there or where I can tap in for power?

Ok so my wife has traded her Ls for a new MKZ. So here is the question. She has the "basket weave" seats and I am wondering if I can switch them. Here is the problem, she has power lumbar and I don't. Does anyone know if the power is there or where I can tap in for power?

If a car has power seats as an option the wiring should be present even if your car didn't have power seats. It should be underneath the carpeting.

You're stealing your wife's new car seats?

If a car has power seats as an option the wiring should be present even if your car didn't have power seats. It should be underneath the carpeting.

You're stealing your wife's new car seats?

It is the power lumbar I am concerned with, both cars have power seats. I am stealing her old cars seats. Her new car is a MKZ, her old an LS with the basket weave seats.

It is the power lumbar I am concerned with, both cars have power seats. I am stealing her old cars seats. Her new car is a MKZ, her old an LS with the basket weave seats.

I'm sure he meant "power lumbar" as an option. My 02 has power lumbar.

How did you manage to trade in an LS with no seats?

What do you mean by "basket weave seats"? I am not familiar with that type of seat for the LS. AFAIK they had either solid leather or perforated leather seats. My experience has only been with Gen2 LSs so your experience may vary.

1st gens had a rare option to have a basket weave pattern down the center section of the seat

like these
IMG_20110531_091613.jpg

1st gens had a rare option to have a basket weave pattern down the center section of the seat

like these
IMG_20110531_091613.jpg

It was the '02 Premium. Basically a conglomerate of sport and non-sport pieces.

I still say shouldn't be an issue. The OEMs don't like multiple wiring harnesses because it's cheaper to buy 10,000 harnesses that do everything then leave the plugs for options that aren't on the car unused, than 1000 with this set of options and 1000 with that set of options. It also makes it easy for the dealer to sell that option to you in the future, with a very high markup due to the need to "wire in the accessory." At most, if for some reason your LS can't handle it because the plugs are different, swap the plug ends between the cars. Tape off the extra wire on the one you're trading in, and jumper the power lumbar off the power line for the seats. No need to worry about the load, because you aren't going to be adjusting both the lumbar and the seat motor at the same time and the seat motor is going to be the bigger load anyway.

It is a recycle your ride from Ford so it has to be insured and driveable. I can switch my seats with hers. Unfortunately they tell me it will be crushed but her car was starting to have significant rust...

Members online

No members online now.
Back