LS Resale Value

Machspeed

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I am possibly taking on another job that requires me to travel a lot. In this, I am considering selling my 06 Lincoln LS. Last week I stopped in a dealership to look at the 2015 Mazda6. I like the styling and the fuel mileage….. really like the car though I wish it had a few more pony’s. Curious as to what my payments might be, I had them run some numbers with a trade in on my Lincoln. My car is in exceptional condition, with all the regular maintenance done on it at the local Ford dealer and only has 62k on it. I’ve babied this car and taken as good a care of it as possible. I didn’t have the car with me for them to look at but their estimated trade in value was only $5500. You freak’in got to be kidding me!!! I don’t have the nav package or the back up sensors, but I have everything else, including a very nice IPOD installation. I have a few small paint chips on the front bumper cover but no door dings or scratches. I’ve looked at Blue book but that too seems low to me. Realistically, what is a good price to get on this car? Thanks!!!

its all funny money when it comes to new car purchases and trade ins... you can either ask for more from your car, or ask for more off the purchase price... If they're running a sale, trade in values usually drop.

Come up with the price you wanna pay, If they're asking for a few thousand more, ask for more for your trade, or less off the car.

Welcome to the world of orphan car ownership.

As an aside, one should NEVER purchase a vehicle based on resale. A car is a depreciating asset. Just enjoy the comfort of the LS.

If you want more for your car, go private. Dealers have a lot of overhead cost for land, maintenance, interest on floor plan loans (manufacturers loan new cars to dealers, not sell them), employee payroll, etc. They also have fees for the DMV services they provide to you so all you do is visit the dealer, not the DMV. Yeah, they list a bunch of fees in the end, but it's all a big mess of move a dollar here, pinch a penny there.

I am possibly taking on another job that requires me to travel a lot. In this, I am considering selling my 06 Lincoln LS. Last week I stopped in a dealership to look at the 2015 Mazda6. I like the styling and the fuel mileage….. really like the car though I wish it had a few more pony’s. Curious as to what my payments might be, I had them run some numbers with a trade in on my Lincoln. My car is in exceptional condition, with all the regular maintenance done on it at the local Ford dealer and only has 62k on it. I’ve babied this car and taken as good a care of it as possible. I didn’t have the car with me for them to look at but their estimated trade in value was only $5500. You freak’in got to be kidding me!!! I don’t have the nav package or the back up sensors, but I have everything else, including a very nice IPOD installation. I have a few small paint chips on the front bumper cover but no door dings or scratches. I’ve looked at Blue book but that too seems low to me. Realistically, what is a good price to get on this car? Thanks!!!

At least the dealers are consistent in what they will pay. In a solicitation from our local PNW Lincoln dealer, they offered my wife $5000 for a trade-in. Her car is a garaged 2005 LS8, with 55K miles on it. This is why we keep cars a long time.

In the meantime, it allows you to buy a lot of used car, cheap. The LS is a wonderful domestic vehicle. It'll keep up with and blow the doors off of a BMW!

My dad was just discussing this with me today because he is selling his lincoln.

Want to know something really weird.
His 04 LSE with 44k miles every option but sunroof private party is 9800
My 06 with only 22k miles every option but heated rear seats private party is only 9000.

Why on earth would mine be worth less than his, mine has half the miles. 2 years newer andore options??

Who knows.

Dealers are buying your car (trade-in) at wholesale price, they generally don't keep the car to resale on their lot, they sell it wholesale.

Try looking at AutoTrade for a more accurate value on your car (for sale by owner). Big difference is price.

Members online

Back