LS rear bumper cover.

dsoul27

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to order a bumper cover but the options are LS sedan or LS sport.... is there a difference? the ls sport is more expensive, would it matter which one I get. I assume mine is a sport since my shift knob is leather.. thats how they told me to check if I'm sport or not, is that right?

Not always the case. Does your existing bumper have the chrome on them front and back, thats not a sport, chrome-less bumpers are the sport.

no chrome.... I kinda of knew that, but why are the sport covers more expensive? would the other fit?

yeah.. let me stop being cheap.. thanks for the quick respose you guys... I haven't been on LVC in a while, I'm gonna start checing in again.

I guess that would suggest that the sport is the more popular type, hence more money. And i may be wrong but i think even the non-sport bumper cover does NOT include the chrome strips when you buy it, i think those are a seperate part number and an extra expense. Also what about the exhaust cutouts? Is that not only a V8 thing on the earlier models? Is that considered sport? I dont think i have ever seen a V6 without the chrome bumper.

Fla02LS said:
I guess that would suggest that the sport is the more popular type, hence more money. And i may be wrong but i think even the non-sport bumper cover does NOT include the chrome strips when you buy it, i think those are a seperate part number and an extra expense. Also what about the exhaust cutouts? Is that not only a V8 thing on the earlier models? Is that considered sport? I dont think i have ever seen a V6 without the chrome bumper.
None had cut outs 00-02 BUT the 02LSE, all 03 up had cut outs including the LSEes. You could get a sport V-6 and V-8 as far as I knew.

02LSE96LSC91SE84TC said:
None had cut outs 00-02 BUT the 02LSE, all 03 up had cut outs including the LSEes. You could get a sport V-6 and V-8 as far as I knew.
Oh. Well than that kinda sucks for the 00-02 people. I thought that only the V8 had cutouts in the early models and all models in '03+. The dual exhaust tips creates a much sportier look. More reason for anyone to upgrade to the newer models.

Members online

No members online now.
Back