LS learns and stores driving habits

TonyLS

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I believe disconnecting the battery will wipe out all of the driving habits and transmission shift points that the vehicle has learned, is this true? Does resetting the check-engine-light with a diag scan tool also erase the driving information?

Thanks

I'm pretty sure that there is a proceedure in the owners manual on clearing or resetting the shift points/learned habits without disconnecting the battery. I know there's a thread on here with the proceedure. I use it instead of disconnecting the battery.

No need to disconnect battery.....

Follow the instructions!

Turn ignition to ON. I don't know if this will be Accessories or full on RUN (without starting) position. It seems to vary.

Step on Accelerator Pedal and push it to the floor for 5 seconds

Turn ignition to OFF, leave key inserted

Release accelerator pedal

Don't do anything for at least 2 minutes. Don't open doors, windows, don't play with any electronics (though, I wouldn't think changing radio stations would affect it).

This sequence resets the transmission control unit (TCU) and forces it to re-learn your driving style.

Hmm, might need to try that. Are the 'habits' learned from just a short period after the reset or do they continually adapt based on driving style.

Hmm, might need to try that. Are the 'habits' learned from just a short period after the reset or do they continually adapt based on driving style.

continually adapt

No need to disconnect battery.....

Follow the instructions!

Turn ignition to ON. I don't know if this will be Accessories or full on RUN (without starting) position. It seems to vary.

Step on Accelerator Pedal and push it to the floor for 5 seconds

Turn ignition to OFF, leave key inserted

Release accelerator pedal

Don't do anything for at least 2 minutes. Don't open doors, windows, don't play with any electronics (though, I wouldn't think changing radio stations would affect it).

This sequence resets the transmission control unit (TCU) and forces it to re-learn your driving style.

I thought this was method only works on 2 gen

I didn't even know they adapted LOL. I will have to look into resetting my gen 1, I beat on it and the last owner did not so that might explain why it shifts at weird spots sometimes. I've been using SST because it is so obnoxious.

my 04 v8 is the same way. drive in SST cause the previous owner babied it too much.

Members online

No members online now.
Back