LS Gen 2 HID HEADLIGHTS wanted (new or as new)

frankecker

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Contact seller
HI guys,

Does anyone know where can I buy 2 new or as new (LH,RH) HID headlights for a reasonable price? Stealership wants a ridiculous >$2k for each, but I read somewhere in the forum that someone bought them for $300 each. My car is a 2006 LS with just over 35k miles and the headlights are badly weathered. I know I can restore them but to keep the car in mint condition, and before all parts in the market are gone, I want to procure a new set.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I found a brand new OEM LH HID headlight assembly for my 2006 Lincoln LS in a dealership in Mexico, and he will let it go for $650 + tax, which includes ballast and bulbs. I know it is expensive but it might be the last one that I might find at this price. Other sources are selling the same headlight between $1500 and $2200 + tax + shipping, which is utterly insane. The RH is not available anywhere. I have checked fleabay, but all there is are used headlights from the scrap yard, and tbh I do not need that crap. The thing is that even if I purchase this last LH headlight, I still need the RH headlight.

Another alternative would be to buy the OEM halogen headlights and try fo fit the original HID components that I already have. I know the housing is a bit different, but with an H11 to D2R adapter (which I can't find either) I could manage. If that doesn't work, I could try fitting and aftermarket HID kit with rebased D2R's, and this would be a lot cheaper, but probably not road legal.

Any comments???

Housing's are the same. The reflectors are different so you would just need to swap those over. A member here took out everything from a set of halogen headlights and just swapped all his HID components over. You need to swap over the reflector, bulbs, ballast and ballast cover. Everything else is the same.

Thanks for the info. This one seems to be the best option and by far the most affordable. Still I would need to figure out the best way to crack open the assembly without breaking it. Popular methods seem to be cutting with a dremel tool or heating up in the oven to separate the bond between the lens and the back part. I will keep researching.

2nd gen can only be cut.... look for the angel eye 2nd gen thread... It has a how to video!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back