LS finnally going in for work

Talbotway

Sexy Hotrod Lincoln
Reaction score
My 04 has been so very good to me only needing routine maintence until about 6 months ago when the A/C started off and on throwing out Heated,(not out side air) out. I suspected the DCCV but temps and funds being what they were I just opened my windows. Then the engine light and rough running came. I had the coils stress checked but we all know that sometimes they either don't do the test correctly or at all. Out of fear of ruining my Cats I parked the car for the winter. I'm lucky enough to have a company car, but spring is on us and now I plan to take it in to the dealership to have my codes read. I've read Joe state numerous times that OEM cats are much better than after market so I am preparing my self for that expense and probably plugs and coils. Am I correct that I should suggest to have the EGR lines checked for leaks and MAP sensor cleaned? Would that be a complete work up of the systems that could potentially ruin a new set of cats if let unattended?

I know the bill will be high, but I'd much rather pay a high bill now than a medium bill and then have to go back for more work because I missed something.

Thanks in advance,

EGR (problems with it or not) is not a factor in the life of the catalytic converters.

Members online

Back