Lowest on coils?

isaiah3g

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
I regretfully confess I am now on coils. I loved my air, but I couldn't afford it with getting married and a bunch of bills, so coils I went.
I did some work on my suspension to get my Mark lower than most on air with Ray's switch when dumped. Now I'm wondering, how low are you on coils, or who is the lowest?

I plan on having my wheel well right on top of my tires. 245/45/18 Right now I'm about 1/2 from there.

So who is lowest on coils??

Picspleaseandthankyou!

Last edited:
Well I'm not the lowest by any means..I have 1.25" drop tokicos on mine and I have about a two finger gap in front and three finger gap in rear..never really measured it. But the lowest I've seen on coils was probably with the strutmasters 1.5" lowered kit which is right about where you want it, tops of tires are about level with the fender lip.

Original AAS kit.

Photoshoot019_zps81322840.gif

Columnnewparts021-1.jpg

I can't stick a full finger in between the tire and fender up front, the rear can fit a finger w/ 1/2 tank or less. The rear springs are using Prothane isolators top and bottom with the solid billet upper mount. Standard isolators made the rear sag like a late 90's Taurus.

Iirc, the fronts measured 26" ground to fender and the rear was 26.5" w/ the prothanes and stock wheel/tire combo.

It handles horribly.

---------------------------------
Lowered on my old 19's- I had a trunk full so the rear is a little low.

mmmm.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a recent photo of The Mark. Trunk was full of luggage at the time of this photo. 1 1/2" lowered American Air coil springs & whatever shocks come with the kit. I don't recommend any lower on coils than this unless you do not mind tearing up the underside. The way mine sits now has me holding my breath frequently. :)

P1017033.jpg

I'll also add that when I had the 19's on I had to modify the inner fender linings, pretty much cut the center out connecting the two pieces. When hitting gnarly dips they would dig into the linings and it eventually ripped one of them off.

Lownslo, that is the look I'm going for. I cut 1.5 coils off my V8 T bird springs Sunday and its close to being there. Looks pretty good, still rides nice, not bouncing all over the place.

im tuned in i've been looking at every way possible without choppin springs but it looks like im gonna go for it.

Hopefully going to get some work done this week. Trying to get the mark sittin pretty then an alignment. heck, I might throw some 3" wheel spacers and ADD camber. Hellaflush fatlace yo!

Members online

No members online now.
Back