Lowest Mileage Mark 8 Here?

danielmillermark8

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
found me an absolute GEM at thee ol' towing yard!!!!!! a 1997 lincoln mark 8 (base). PROS It has the dealer added on package palm beach edition (T.RED&KHAKI TOP) 10 disc CD changer in the trunk........and I about passed out when I seen the mileage at 37k!!! CONS, dented in passenger door pretty bad but all lights work on it still LED/fog lamp, 1 headlight out. I got it for $1000 plus $300 for back registration. I said DEAL! would you have? pictures soon

photo

photo

DSC01279.jpg

DSC01280.jpg

Nice Find! Pretty sure I have a Pass. Side T. Red door in the garage lol

Hey, 1300 bucks for a mark with 37k is a win no matter how you look at it. Be on the hunt for a door and convert the headlights. Easy peasy.

Wow, I'm jealous man! Great find!! Seriously, a car with that low mileage....well actually higher...are going for a lot online recently. Marks that is.

congrats on the acquisition
---
how long since it was driven on a frequent basis?

congrats on the acquisition
---
how long since it was driven on a frequent basis?

IDK .........BUT my assumption is that it was recently in a roadtrip gone wrong. I mean in order to have that low of miles, It was baby'd/garaged.(found cleaning supplies in the trunk). Now theres always that troubled nephew/grandson/daughter ect. Who wants to borrow/steal/joyride ect. And doesn't have any driving experience (hence the new dent in the door lol).Then the owner is faced with decision #1 go to god knows where(no plates when I bought it) to get the car that is impounded. Or figure the hassle and $ outways the car. thats my Sherlock theory .....what do you guys think about that?:)

I noticed that there's one with barely 30k in Phoenix on the list of Craig. I dismissed it because I think he was asking $8,000. There is one on the same page with only 80k for less than half- $3900. Since age will do its thing anyway, I would save the four thou and use it to cherry the one with more miles. What would you guys do?

I noticed that there's one with barely 30k in Phoenix on the list of Craig. I dismissed it because I think he was asking $8,000. There is one on the same page with only 80k for less than half- $3900. Since age will do its thing anyway, I would save the four thou and use it to cherry the one with more miles. What would you guys do?

you also could come to california (your 7 hours from me!)and get this one for $3500 save yourself more money and still get a VERY low mileage mark. You seen the dented door in my photos. 1 headlight is out. I repaired the window in it & replaced both door handles already. driverside is off colored. Selling the good lightbulb alone pays for the conversion kit. Just giving you an option to cherry this one out. registered till 2015 & she passed smog with flying colors. I have paperwork for all of it... up to you.

Damn. I've got to watch myself on the forum - thinking out loud again. Sorry. I lost my head. Sure would be fun, though.

Definitely, definitely, definitely a great deal. You ust saved a gorgeous car. I think we can all agree that none of us lke the rag top but under these conditions? Well worth the save. 37k is unheard of.

thank you for that comment man, It took serious thinking to pull the trigger on my next car. I'm torn on this car because my junk yard wants $350 for a door & $350 to deliver it to my area. Then I got to pay a friend to help me get it on.Then theres that other side of me thats like "Dude, the 97' 98' Mustang Cobra adopted our engine because of its great american muscle! & the inside actually has a new car smell from 97! Wish I had cheaper body shops up here. @ Ol'David, I like what you pm'd me about the changes you would do, & those are all great ideas!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Mar...c7f6c1f2a&item=191116353322&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

thank you for that comment man, It took serious thinking to pull the trigger on my next car. I'm torn on this car because my junk yard wants $350 for a door & $350 to deliver it to my area. Then I got to pay a friend to help me get it on.Then theres that other side of me thats like "Dude, the 97' 98' Mustang Cobra adopted our engine because of its great american muscle! & the inside actually has a new car smell from 97! Wish I had cheaper body shops up here. @ Ol'David, I like what you pm'd me about the changes you would do, & those are all great ideas!http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lincoln-Mar...c7f6c1f2a&item=191116353322&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Where do you live? I have your door! It's Ivory but it even has the ragtop section since it came off my Ivory parts car. You can have my door for 1/3 the price. You pay shipping though. Not sure how much. I'm rarely on here anymore. Either email me or send me a message on Facebook. I run the Facebook community over there.

20130813_162827_zps886575f0.jpg

Where do you live? I have your door! It's Ivory but it even has the ragtop section since it came off my Ivory parts car. You can have my door for 1/3 the price. You pay shipping though. Not sure how much. I'm rarely on here anymore. Either email me or send me a message on Facebook. I run the Facebook community over there.

[/URL]

Try shipping Greyhound I know there rates are cheaper then the big outfits. Also, give Fastenal a call I heard they are even cheaper as long as you are not in a hurry. They have room on the end of there trucks so they ship you item where house to where house. You just have to drop it off there and pick it up there.

Use the money you saved on buying it so cheap to get a used door (for way less than $350) between all the people on the forums you should have no problem finding a rust free toreader red door and remove the top, do whatever body work necessary and repaint the roof and 1/4s..and youll still be under the cost of any other 37k mile mark you will find. Oh and find a used rear window since i think they cut up the seal when they put those tops on.

Members online

No members online now.
Back