lowered car a little more

XxbmxlsxX

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
finally did all new brakes on the car and decided to cut some more off my front springs. they need to settle a bit still, but its lookin pretty good. repainted the centers of my wheels so i could run no center caps also. now i need a front bumper
PIC_0497.gif

PIC_0502.gif

PIC_0496.gif

Seeing the WW spoiler from the front/sides makes me not want it.. Your right tho, needs to be lower.. That lip needs to have like an inch at most off the ground :eek:

Cutting the progressive springs or heating them is not the way to lower the Lincoln LS, you might want to start looking for new springs, you should have bought springs that were meant for lowering.

Cutting the progressive springs or heating them is not the way to lower the Lincoln LS, you might want to start looking for new springs, you should have bought springs that were meant for lowering.

theyre intrax lowering springs that i put on 7 years ago. i cut them. and trust me its fine. the ride didnt change or anything. they were lower than eibach crap but i like low. wheel gaps are lame

im not some kid that doesnt know what hes doing with a car just so you know. ive had this and many others cars apart more than you can count. im just not as "by the book" as most of you guys.

i agree with you missing linc, sometimes i wish i didnt have the spoiler on there, but sometimes it looks great.

I like it. I'm afraid to cut springs. My springtechs are pretty damn low already.

I wouldnt do it. WIth eibachs and 18 inch wheels my ride quality is adequate, but in the DC area with these roads, I couldnt tolerate much more harshness. That said..I like the look and stance of yours..a lot. I HATE when the cars are slammed and portion of the tire is actually stuffed up under the fender/quarter panel. YOurs doesnt have that..looks just right.

wheelwell gap does suck..but a very harsh ride sucks even more. (not saying the OP's ride is harsh). Been there...done that. Even cracked a subframe once doing that. lol

i agree with you missing linc, sometimes i wish i didnt have the spoiler on there, but sometimes it looks great.

I'm the same way with my spoiler :shifty:

I think it looks good right where you have it - any lower and it seems like you won't be able to turn the front tires without hitting...

That's what I was wondering, can you turn? That there is some tight clearance!

but I think it would look better with center caps on. Personal preference, but I've never liked the looks of wheels that have all of the lug holes so the wheel can be able to fit multiple types of cars. It makes the wheel look like a universal wheel that was designed to fit..multiple types of cars.

I like the stance and I hate tire gap like everybody else!
I have eibach's on currently but I would like to go lower however I'm afraid of bottoming out/scraping as it is. I'll just deal with it...

You guys must live where they don't have speed bumps because where I live I will sometimes hit with stock ride height. That's too low for my tastes anyway.

Looks real nice. should take a pic of the wheel turned and the amount of clearance you have.. should be interesting to see

You guys must live where they don't have speed bumps because where I live I will sometimes hit with stock ride height. That's too low for my tastes anyway.

Yeah I even have to be real careful on those. They are manageable though.

That piece of the frame on the car that runs lenghways..always takes a hit if I come down off of a speedbump too quickly. (when the suspension compresses). There are a couple of steep driveways around that affect it as well. (causes the underside to scrape). And this is with Eibach ride height..which is isnt ALL that low

Looks sick. Thats a mean lowered stance!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back