Looks like Ediie has his new struts out!

I believe he JUST released them, so there isnt going to be anyone with experience with them.

Joeychgo said:
I believe he JUST released them, so there isnt going to be anyone with experience with them.

Didn't I just say that I put them on yesterday! I haven't lowered the car yet but they are on. What's really cool is the valve that allows you to air the struts up with an external compressor.

Jibit said:
Didn't I just say that I put them on yesterday! I haven't lowered the car yet but they are on. What's really cool is the valve that allows you to air the struts up with an external compressor.

Did you get the lowrider struts?

Kale

djKale said:
Did you get the lowrider struts?

Kale

Yeah, put them on Wednesday night but I haven't dropped the car yet because I've been having problems. The car wants to vent all the air out over night. I think people are confused about the struts. They don't give you a lower stance automatically. You still have to lower your car via the sensors or whatever. They only decrease the amount of extension of the strut when you hit a bump. Basically you don't get that bouncy feeling when riding low when you go over major bumps.

Jibit said:
Yeah, put them on Wednesday night but I haven't dropped the car yet because I've been having problems. The car wants to vent all the air out over night. I think people are confused about the struts. They don't give you a lower stance automatically. You still have to lower your car via the sensors or whatever. They only decrease the amount of extension of the strut when you hit a bump. Basically you don't get that bouncy feeling when riding low when you go over major bumps.

Have you contacted Eddie about your problems? I am pretty sure that he would be able to diagnose what the problem is, and most likely come up with some correction......I know he knows his stuff when it comes to this.

Hmmmmm.....I might have to get me some of those struts. Since I like to drive mine LOOOOOOOOOOOW! I drive around most of the time with no air in the suspension....VERY rough ride.....but I LOVE the looks I get......from young AND old...... :Beer

1wykdmk8 said:
Have you contacted Eddie about your problems? I am pretty sure that he would be able to diagnose what the problem is, and most likely come up with some correction......I know he knows his stuff when it comes to this.

Hmmmmm.....I might have to get me some of those struts. Since I like to drive mine LOOOOOOOOOOOW! I drive around most of the time with no air in the suspension....VERY rough ride.....but I LOVE the looks I get......from young AND old...... :Beer

I've talked to Eddie a couple times and we're tryig to figure it out. He's great to work with, down to earth. He thinks one of my sensors might be screwed up or there may be air leaking from the valves. I'm going on a road trip this weekend so I told him I check when I got back.

Jibit said:
I've talked to Eddie a couple times and we're tryig to figure it out. He's great to work with, down to earth. He thinks one of my sensors might be screwed up or there may be air leaking from the valves. I'm going on a road trip this weekend so I told him I check when I got back.

Kool....keep us up to date on what the progress is on the suspension. I am VERY interested in those struts (since I like to drive LOOOOOW!). I talked to Eddie about them before he had them out for sale, but he could not give me any particulars on them....since they were not on the market yet.

Keep us posted.....good luck!
:Beer

I'm still waiting/drooling/foaming at the mouth for Eddie's Koni front struts. If that works out I'll be one of the first in line for them. :)

He hasn't gotten back to me with detailed specs, but I'm 99% sure the struts will go lower when deflated IF you ask him for it. He already mentioned the bumpstops could be removed. This will drop it another couple of inches up front.

Kale

djKale said:
He hasn't gotten back to me with detailed specs, but I'm 99% sure the struts will go lower when deflated IF you ask him for it. He already mentioned the bumpstops could be removed. This will drop it another couple of inches up front.

Kale

Basically that is what the guys did to my factory struts on the AssassinVIIIor....they changed the bumpstops inside the bag itself (or something like that) to get the car as low as it is. When you look at the pix that I have, they are pix with the factory struts/bags on it, but converted to let the car go lower.....here are a few for a reminder......

draggin3.jpg

draggin2.jpg

Ray, how does your current wheel/tire diameter compare to the stock wheel/tire overall diameter? And how far is the front from the ground?

I contacted the place where you had yours done and pretty much got the run around. They are a busy shop and I got the feeling they didn't have time for what I was asking them to do.

I removed the bumpstop out of a spare set of bags I have and it dropped the car about two inches. I only did one, but that's all it took.

Kale

djKale said:
Ray, how does your current wheel/tire diameter compare to the stock wheel/tire overall diameter? And how far is the front from the ground?

I contacted the place where you had yours done and pretty much got the run around. They are a busy shop and I got the feeling they didn't have time for what I was asking them to do.

I removed the bumpstop out of a spare set of bags I have and it dropped the car about two inches. I only did one, but that's all it took.

Kale

Basically I am running Nitto NT-555 235/40/ZR18's on it now and the specs are as follows:

Factory specs:
Sidewall:5.3
Radius:13.3
Diameter:26.6
Circumf:83.7
Revs/mi:757.0

Nitto NT-555 235/40/18 specs:
Sidewall:3.7
Radius:12.7
Diameter:25.4
Circumf:79.8
Revs/mi:794.0

As for how close to the ground it is....it basically sits on the factory cats in the front, and sits on the factory body mounts in the back.....if it were not for those things the side of the car would sit on the ground (which MAY happen).

Yeah....they are busy, but you could let me know what you need, or info you want and I can call them and find out what it is you need. They know me, and I am part of the car/truck club with them......Severed Ties (www.severedties.com and go to NY chapter).

I hope that helps....and here are the specs compared to stock for the 20's I am going to use:

Factory specs:
Sidewall:5.3
Radius:13.3
Diameter:26.6
Circumf:83.7
Revs/mi:757.0

Nitto NT-555 245/35/20 specs:
Sidewall:3.4
Radius:14.4
Diameter:26.8
Circumf:84.0
Revs/mi:754.0

I talked to Eddie for a while about the struts. I wanted to decrease the overall length of the whole strut, thereby lowering the car without changing the dynamics of the strut. His solution is the removal of the bumpstops as already mentioned. Personally, I'm working on something else as a solutions for a Low Ride Lincoln Glide.

You know what, I forgot all about the cats, they weren't touching the ground, but they were DAMN close. I think I took pictures actually. They're around here somewhere. And that was with only one side dropped, the other side was still two inches higher.

Removing the rear bumpstops is easy and it'll sit on the rear mounts like you mentioned. The problem with having it actually touch the ground is that I drop mine all the way down as a reference point, then just hit the switches a couple of times to get the car in the right stance. When I had it so the rear would touch the ground, I couldn't do that because the exhaust would drag. Cool maybe if you're on the strip crusing, but not cool with a baby and a pre-teen in the car with you...

I want to be able to sit the car on the ground, THEN add some type of safety device so that under normal conditions, it doesn't actually touch when I drop her down. There's also a decent amount of bounce when it drops hard making it go lower than where it rests for a split second. I figure if I can get it down, keeping it up wouldn't be a problem.

Kale

djKale said:
You know what, I forgot all about the cats, they weren't touching the ground, but they were DAMN close. I think I took pictures actually. They're around here somewhere. And that was with only one side dropped, the other side was still two inches higher.

Removing the rear bumpstops is easy and it'll sit on the rear mounts like you mentioned. The problem with having it actually touch the ground is that I drop mine all the way down as a reference point, then just hit the switches a couple of times to get the car in the right stance. When I had it so the rear would touch the ground, I couldn't do that because the exhaust would drag. Cool maybe if you're on the strip crusing, but not cool with a baby and a pre-teen in the car with you...

I want to be able to sit the car on the ground, THEN add some type of safety device so that under normal conditions, it doesn't actually touch when I drop her down. There's also a decent amount of bounce when it drops hard making it go lower than where it rests for a split second. I figure if I can get it down, keeping it up wouldn't be a problem.

Kale

I know what you mean....I am going to work on a few things myself when I get the car back so that I can get it lower. I want the rockers on the ground when I am parked.

What alot of guys do that have air bags on their cars, is to see when the car looks level with a person, or ppl in the car and remember what the air pressure is on the gauges so that they know how far it is off the ground for decent height when driving....I do not know if that helps or not, but I am going to try and come up with some sort of device (prolly optical....maybe reed type) to keep the car from going TOO low when driving (while hittin the switches that is). I will have to keep you posted on it......

LOWER STILL?

WHy dont you just pur casters on the bottom of the fenders? LOL as low as you have it now I bet you cant get into about half of the driveways - and spped bumps have to be murder

Joeychgo said:
LOWER STILL?

WHy dont you just pur casters on the bottom of the fenders? LOL as low as you have it now I bet you cant get into about half of the driveways - and spped bumps have to be murder

That's just where it sits when aired out!!! That's the beauty of air, you can drive it at a decent height and get excellent ride quality, then drop it down when you park.

It's a little wierd for people who aren't used to lowriders because when you get out, it's kinda like getting up off the floor. This proves uncomfortable for some, including my girlfriend who drives a 4x4.

So to counter this, you keep the car up so your woman can get out, then drop the car with your alarm transmitter. You also need to raise it up just before you open her door to let her in. Just another reason to hook the suspension up to your alarm system. :) I know you guys always open the door for your woman, but if you're lowridin, you gotta raise it up too!!!

Kale

What Kale said......it will NEVER be low enuf for me.....but then again....I AM a MiniTrucker at heart......here is a few pix of my old truck (I no longer own it, but you get the idea):

left2.jpg

leftup.jpg

leftup1.jpg

leftrear.jpg

rt.jpg

rt2.jpg

rtfrontup.jpg

truckright.jpg

rear.jpg

rearup.jpg

djKale said:
That's just where it sits when aired out!!! That's the beauty of air, you can drive it at a decent height and get excellent ride quality, then drop it down when you park.

It's a little wierd for people who aren't used to lowriders because when you get out, it's kinda like getting up off the floor. This proves uncomfortable for some, including my girlfriend who drives a 4x4.

So to counter this, you keep the car up so your woman can get out, then drop the car with your alarm transmitter. You also need to raise it up just before you open her door to let her in. Just another reason to hook the suspension up to your alarm system. :) I know you guys always open the door for your woman, but if you're lowridin, you gotta raise it up too!!!

Kale

It's also weird for ppl who do not get the concept (not trying to be rude.....just proving a point....DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL!.....anyone). They see a lowrider sitting there and they ask....."How do you drive it?" (as they scratch their heads).

I will be incorporating my alarm with the air ride suspension on the AssassinVIIIor, so that when I arm it the car drops to the ground (IF it is not already there....LOL). And when I disarm it, it will go to a predetermined height (most likely the drivin height). I will either use the existing DEI 528T timer in conjunction with the alarm, or some other means....but most likely it will be the 528T.

1wykdmk8 said:
It's also weird for ppl who do not get the concept (not trying to be rude.....just proving a point....DO NOT TAKE IT PERSONAL!.....anyone). They see a lowrider sitting there and they ask....."How do you drive it?" (as they scratch their heads).

I will be incorporating my alarm with the air ride suspension on the AssassinVIIIor, so that when I arm it the car drops to the ground (IF it is not already there....LOL). And when I disarm it, it will go to a predetermined height (most likely the drivin height). I will either use the existing DEI 528T timer in conjunction with the alarm, or some other means....but most likely it will be the 528T.

I'm just using the one second pulses to drop and raise the car and it's REALLY tricky trying to get it back up to the right height. Since the pressure in the bags varies when deflated, so does the amount of lift you get when raised via remote. And since I'm not running compressed gas, the tank pressure varies which affects the amount of lift as well. I'll usually have to adjust it a bit.

It also drops too hard in the rear when done via transmitter. I do have manual ball valves to adjust the raising and lowering times, but that means I have to slow the system down. To speed it up, I have to go back into the trunk and open teh valve...Not too cool.

I need to create a way that allows the transmitter to operate a different set of smaller valves, that will drop and raise the car slowly, then run that through the 528. The stock valves would work great for this. Hmmm...Maybe sometime this summer...:)

Kale

Me? Take something personally? Never..... (where do you live again?) :F

I think I would like my car lower, but drivable still - I dont mind the 'gettin up off the floor' feeling, but I dont like the squishiness though - so im still at stock height.

I plan to buy a 98 some time this year - and im gonna mod out the 94 totally. TOP to bottom - looking to build a high performance show car. Ok, looks good on paper anyway LOL.

Members online

No members online now.
Back