Looking to get back in a Mark VIII. Just a few questions about 2nd gen's

Blackout

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Hey guys. Long time no see. Well i am looking to get back in a Mark VIII but what I'm looking for is proving to be a pain in the @ss to find. I'm looking for 95-96 LSC's but even when Geno doesn't know of any being sold in the area then I know that there aren't any! So I've been looking on autotrader and found a few 1st gen's but after my experience with my 1st gen I'm kinda hesitant to get back in one. Main reason's being are the headlight issues, the molding for the back window issue, and the tranny pan issue. So i have just a few questions about the 2nd gen's.

Are the headlights better even with the halogen's ocmpared to the first gen's?

Is there a molding issue with it bubbling with the rear window like the first gen's?

I've heard that getting power from the 2nd gen's is harder because of OBD-II. Is this true?

Is getting a true dual exhaust easier then on the first gen's?

Back when i had my 1st gen I was looking to get a true dual setup but the guy was saying that he couldn't do anything that elaborate. I know Geno does them but (no offense or anything Geno) I wasn't looking to drop a grand for at the most 15 hp. If there are any other issues that I should know about with the 2nd gen's then could you guys help me out with things i should look for. Thanks for the help guys:)

I own both a Gen 1 and Gen 2, so ill try to answer these questions.

Headlights are alot better, hands down. No comparison.
My 97 has no ripples in the rear window seal.
stock vs stock my 97 keeps up w\ my 95.
I dont know about achieving more hp seeing how my 97 is still stock. And for sale btw ;)

Headlights are HID and 100% better

Same molding issue on both Gens

Power is not harder to get from an OBDII however, stock the Gen1's are faster

duals would be the same on both Gens

Alright because that was going ot be my next question. I am looking at a 1997 black LSC with 55k miles on it and the ad said it had halogen headlights. So I asked them if it was a typo or did it have the xenon's and I'm waiting to hear back from them

you will see them listed as Xenon lights alot by people who dont know and/or dont care. The highbeams however are still standard halogen lights.

Don't the 96 Mark VIII's have HID's.

I don't know what problem your exhaust guy had with going to duals unless the only thing he knows how to do is clamp on a muffler.

I have a 98 LSC and had a base model 95.

Head lamps are 100000% better

My 98 does not have the rippled rear window trim issue - but hear it can happen. Mine has a black aluminum trim around the rear window so I dont think it is likley to occur.

HP - the LSC seems a tad slower, even with stock dual exhaust - but I think it is because of the really comfortable, fluffy even, seats ( I might just not be feeling it).

I loved my 95 but really, really love the 98 - cool tail lamps, puddle mirrors, chrome rims (that have a nasty peeling problem) and better interior. Geno has chips, ICE Box and other performance upgrades so if you want more, it is just a little TLC (Time and Lots-o-Cash).

Members online

No members online now.
Back