Looking to buy an engine for a 2000 ls

d_kelly_34

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 745li bmw and was thinking about selling my ls. But i'm going to keep it as a project car for myself. Does anyone in the forum or know anyone that has an engine for a 2000 lincoln ls v8 engine. Quickest way to contact me is my email it comes straight to my phone dkellz34@gmail.com.

Thanks again folks

Ballin....post some pics asap.

check ebay for some engines they pop up from time to time.

I will bro I'm just trying to get my LS (my baby) back up to par! lol would a 2003 engine fit a 2000?

You need a 2000-2002. Note that there were some minor changes between 2000 and 01/02, so a 2000 engine would be best.
Call up the junkyards in your area. 2000's are showing up pretty frequently now. The online shops might have some, too, but they tend to be pricey.

If you feel like rebuilding one, I'll sell you mine for $80. Last guy ran it dry with oil.

Alright I'll stick to the 2000 Engine then. Yeah I'm calling the junkyards now. I'm coo on rebuilding it. I have the one in still if I was to rebuild it bro

Major change in oil pump design after 5/14/01. Be sure to keep that in mind depending on how u mix and match parts. I ran into that during my build this year.

U are welcome. If u can get an after April 01-02 engine, go for it. Better oiling system.

Also, note the other discussions going on about difficulty finding main bearings. Try to find one with a solid bottom end that doesn't need bearings if at all possible. Or maybe a shop that can just apply a coating to the current bearings. (maaaybe...)
An engine that was run dry would not fall in that group.

I had a very good block, a lot of miles@207,000, but very solid. Documented oil changes at 3000 miles since the original owner. Contemplated keeping it but I let it go to the salvage yard 3 weeks ago after my new one went in. Most would say too many miles for your needs but that block looked good and was truly a highway driver. 104,000 put on it in just a bit over 5 years. Kinda hate that I scrapped it now that I am talking about it. LOL.

Members online

No members online now.
Back