looking for parts

$woop

LVC Member
Reaction score
ell my lincoln has been runnign good for tha last year or so , but here lately ive come into some more problems...

1. tha driver side door seems to be slouching, when i shut it , it hits th abac door and causes tha paint to chip, hard to open as well to...

tha main problem im haven tho, is tha window button, tha switch to push tha window up,, has fell into tha door, when i took tha panel off i noticed that tha screw bracket thing was broke, where can i purchase a new case that holds tha WINDOW BUTTON, LOCK BUTTOn, AND THA SEAT BUTTONS?

also none of my windows will work, when u press tha windows buttons, u can hear tha motor running, but tha window does not move, if u sit there and hold it for a while, it will eventually work its way down but takes for ever, then u gotta press tha button and pull it bac up , really annoying..

any advice?

thanks

92 town car sig series...

ya i was hopen to buy new tho....

but it be cheaper to jus go take a look...

It sounds like your door hinges are getting a little droopy too... Loosen then bolts on the hinges just a little bit, bump the door up a little, and tighten them back up.

Open the door, grab the outside edge and lift up to see if the hinge pin is worn. If it is, go down to NAPA and get a hinge pin for a F150 truck (most are the same diameter). Chisel the top off your old pin - then have a buddy hold the door steady while you drive out the old pin using the new one.

The correct thing to do would be to buy the new hinges if they are worn out, but like I said adjusting them up a little will be an easy temporary fix.

Sorry to tell you but the motor running/no movement problem is your window clutches - you're going to need new regulators. I've repaired them before, but they always strip out quickly. There are three or four small rubber balls that provide flex when the window is operating to avoid damaging the gears, and in hot climates or if you just have bad luck they deteriorate into little rubber crumbs.

Hey wait! See if you have a local skateboard shop! I just remembered seeing a post on the Benz site about the liquid urethane they use to make custom wheels being perfect for hard-rubber reproductions of little mounts etc.... you should be able to mold a batch of little round shock absorber dealies for tiny money. You'll see a round deal with the small gear sticking out of it if your car is like mine - and the round deal has three or four screws holding the top on - when you take it apart you see the shock absorber balls.

You may have to drill a hole in your door to get at one of the nuts holding the mechanism in place - (inner door).... I did. It didn't take much work once I figured that out.

Members online

Back