Looking for 1997 Mark 8 headlights and taillights

xtriggerman

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
New Old Stock is akin to winning the mega bucks lottery. Back when the 97 2nd gen was in the works, They all ready knew it was a dead model so they only built 30,000 97 & 98 2nd gen cars. NOS disappeared long ago. The best you can hope for is a garage queen parted out on Ebay. I got 2 decent headlights and a pretty good trunk light off there but waited for the right condition ones to come around.

Cal Mowrer

New LVC Member
Reaction score
I have a set of nice black 97 side taillghts. Also have center taillight on trunk. It needs ballast. I think a few tabs may be broken off. Looks ok from outside. There is an aftermarket solution if you do not have a ballast

nightfly

LVC Member
Reaction score
I spot NOS items on ebay regularly, though they are expensive. If you just want 'clear' headlights, perhaps use a headlight refurbishing kit, such as 3M's, which I used with clear topcoat, to make my headlights 'like new'. The last front passenger headlight was listed on ebay only a couple of weeks ago, so keep your eyes out for them. Do a search, and then keep it and get notifications when something gets listed. Then jump on it when you find one. That's how I got a 'new' emissions tray for under the back end.

Members online