Looking at an 06

Matt Man

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
So I'm talking to a guy who is selling his gorgeous black on black 06 LS premium. The car only has 47,000 miles on it and looks absolutely mint. All options, THX, nav, etc. He is asking about 15 grand for it, but said he will take 14. He might budge a little more on price. Does this sound reasonable?

A friend of mine was looking for an LS 6 months ago and said a nice 06 LS was going for at least 20 grand, so this guys asking price seems completely reasonable to me. Naturally, I want to spend as little as possible lol. My 01 still runs great, but has almost 130k on her now so I'm looking to upgrade. I won't lie, I have a boner for this car hahaha

Thanks for any input!

Matt :Beer

I bought an 06 LS 3 months ago for $12,000. It has 79,000 miles on it and is in really nice condition. It also has navigation as well as HID headlights. If I would have found one that had 47,000 miles on it I would have bought it for $14,000 any day.

So I'm talking to a guy who is selling his gorgeous black on black 06 LS premium. The car only has 47,000 miles on it and looks absolutely mint. All options, THX, nav, etc. He is asking about 15 grand for it, but said he will take 14. He might budge a little more on price. Does this sound reasonable?

A friend of mine was looking for an LS 6 months ago and said a nice 06 LS was going for at least 20 grand, so this guys asking price seems completely reasonable to me. Naturally, I want to spend as little as possible lol. My 01 still runs great, but has almost 130k on her now so I'm looking to upgrade. I won't lie, I have a boner for this car hahaha

Thanks for any input!

Matt :Beer

Snap it up before someone else does!!

Well I didn't think I would find an argument against getting it here hahaha. The pricing seems to be right in line with what RodLS paid for his then. I checked what a monthly loan payment would be for me and it looks like about $330. Thats about triple what it is for my 01 LS, but its also triple what I paid for my car lol. Now I need to look at the jump in insurance and see if I can swing it, too.

So were most of the little kinks worked out of the car by the last year? Or should I still expect fried coils when I start getting near 100kmi, leaky valve cover gaskets, and broken window tabs? The current owner said he has a problem with the heat and AC not working properly so he had the dealer replace what he called the heater valve? Hopefully that will not be a reoccurring problem.

Where are you guys from that you can get an 06 LS with average miles and all options for 12,000? Most within 50-75 miles of me are running 15-17000 and most dont have navi?

Where are you guys from that you can get an 06 LS with average miles and all options for 12,000? Most within 50-75 miles of me are running 15-17000 and most dont have navi?

I've noticed a more than a few that have said "all options" that were still missing several, such as adjustable pedals, heated rear seats, parking aid, curtain airbags, and so on.

Well I didn't think I would find an argument against getting it here hahaha. The pricing seems to be right in line with what RodLS paid for his then. I checked what a monthly loan payment would be for me and it looks like about $330. Thats about triple what it is for my 01 LS, but its also triple what I paid for my car lol. Now I need to look at the jump in insurance and see if I can swing it, too.

So were most of the little kinks worked out of the car by the last year? Or should I still expect fried coils when I start getting near 100kmi, leaky valve cover gaskets, and broken window tabs? The current owner said he has a problem with the heat and AC not working properly so he had the dealer replace what he called the heater valve? Hopefully that will not be a reoccurring problem.

That would be the DCCV. Unfortunately, you can expect it to reoccur anywhere from 20K to 150K miles later. Coils are still subject to failure. Valve cover gaskets seem to be good now for a 150K. The advanceTrac and navigation fight each other the first time you cross 2.5K RPMs every trip. The result is an annoying beep/wine. I suspect that window regulators can still be an issue.
All that said, the 06 is a great car and well worth it.

i have an 06 up here in Canada, with 130, 000 kilometeres= 80, 000 miles.
no issues yet, she has been good

Eric

I picked up an 06 LSE early January from a dealership in OHIO for 15K. Car was immaculate with only 29K miles on it. I ran an OASIS on it and it was in the service shop only once, for seat track repair. Never been in an accident. I was shocked that I was able to snatch it up for that price. She's been running flawless ever since.

That's a steal. Buy it.

I'd personally prefer an 04-05 LSE, but only because of the all red tails.

Your right Joegr, what I mean when I say or refer to all options on an LS is pretty much every option available except heated rear seats (which was pretty rare) although I do have those on my 06.
I would expect HID, adjustable pedals, navigation, back up sensors, advancetrac, moonroof, side curtain airbags, chrome wheels, wood grain trim etc. Basically the Elite package with the few remaining options added.

Just rub it in for those of us who bought new...

Ok ok ok, not all options then. Turns out the seller just wrote that. No big deal. It has the back up assist, but no adjustable pedals or rear seat heat. It does have the chrome wheels. I'm going to try and look at it next weekend and will post up then. Going to call the bank on monday and make sure I can get the loan without issue.

Adjustable pedals are the :q:q:q:q! I have rear heated seats too and park assist. I think my car had everything except stock HID's, oh and I dont remember if gen2's came with rain sensing wipers but I dont have those.

oh and yeah, snag that bad boy up, or pass it on to me, I wouldn't mind having an 06

Ok ok ok, not all options then. Turns out the seller just wrote that. No big deal. It has the back up assist, but no adjustable pedals or rear seat heat. It does have the chrome wheels. I'm going to try and look at it next weekend and will post up then. Going to call the bank on monday and make sure I can get the loan without issue.

if he lied about that, then who know what else hes lied about.....

man, you guys are spoiled with your 2nd gens btw...

but i wouldn't mind have an 06, or like pektel said an 04-05 LSE, i can't stand the two-tone tail or "smoked/blacked out" tails

That is a pretty big stretch...most folks think a car like this is "loaded" without realizing all the options. You cannot just jump from that to "the guy is a huge liar about everything!" :rolleyes:

Oops, turns out I'm the idiot (again). I looked at his ad again and it doesnt say that. A white 06 I was looking at in the same area says "all options", which from what you guys are saying is highly unlikely.

I do not believe this car has HID's because in a picture he sent me with the headlights on they look normal. I'm really eager to check the car out. I think it looks absolutely gorgeous. I happen to like blacked out tails though lol. I would have blacked out my 01's by now if I knew I was keeping it for years. If I get this 06 it will slowly get: blacked out tails, x-pipe and mufflers, air intake, and tuner to start.

Adjustable pedals are the :q:q:q:q! I have rear heated seats too and park assist. I think my car had everything except stock HID's, oh and I dont remember if gen2's came with rain sensing wipers but I dont have those.

oh and yeah, snag that bad boy up, or pass it on to me, I wouldn't mind having an 06

Alax, yeah gen 2s come with rain sensing wipers. We used to have an 03 that had them.

Members online

No members online now.
Back