lincoln_lurker's 1998 Mark VIII progress thread

lincoln_lurker

that dude from the thing
Reaction score
I know I know....another progress thread! I hope to actually show progress in mine though!!! (just kidding kk, kinda :p)

So I bought this car from another member and I'm working to get it ready to go in time for the Boscobel Beach Party in two weeks. (see Midwest Chapter for details!) I need both front fenders, header panel, headlight housings, bumper cover, hood latch and I believe that's all. I already have most of the broken stuff taken off of the car so I just have to find my parts now and she'll be back in shape. Here's some starter pics:

34158_447552536872_647751872_5792212_688491_n.jpg

384.jpg

385.jpg

386.jpg

387.jpg

388.jpg

389.jpg

390.jpg

391.jpg

392.jpg

393.jpg

394.jpg

Last edited:
So, what do you want from my car besides the header panel?

PM what you are willing to sell and the prices and we'll talk my friend, your's is the best donor car because everything is black already :)

looks like you need to pull the radiator support as well

got the fenders and bumper cover pulled off this morning, didn't take very long to do. parts should be here either by the end of the week or sometime next week so hopefully we'll get it back together in time

gedc0514.jpg

gedc0515.jpg

gedc0516.jpg

gedc0517.jpg

dude wow man i mean almost exactly to a T same crash as me. you can fix it easily, i did mine 100% myself even down to painting it. even your pictures look like mine lol!
smashed001.jpg

smashed004.jpg

smashed010.jpg

smashed009.jpg

smashed016.jpg

smashed017.jpg

smashed046.jpg

smashed070.jpg

smashed079.jpg

allfixed002.jpg

wow seriously look at that !!
34158_447552536872_647751872_5792212_688491_n.jpg

smashed004.jpg

I would try pulling it....doesn't look terrible. If i can remember, i'll get some frame measurements for you from the book tom at work so you can cross tram it. If you still work at the dealership, it wouldn't take more than an hour to tie it down on a frame rack and throw a clamp on it.

oh yea, I'm glad that you got a mark too! I know that you've wanted one for a long time now, cant wait to see it at boscabel.

Gets married ... gets Mark VIII ... I guess he figured out that he now needs something to pass the time away between sex days ... weeks ... months .... years .... LOL ...

jaime, i seriously looked at the first couple of those pictures and didn't even notice that it wasn't my car, haha that's crazy!

jeb, i don't work at a dealership but i might be able to get it somewhere to get it pulled, that or i'll hook it to a truck and give her hell...joking, haha

and rich, told ya i would get one when i got the house and stuff

You can probably do what I did to my old SHO. I rolled the car up to a tree, so that the bumper was resting on the tree. Then used a chain winch then attached between the core support and the tree to pull it out... worked like a charm and was really easy.

yes all you really need is something to anchor it too. You can use a winch or a cum along and the hillbilly harry way. anchor a chain or whatever and then slowly back the car up and put pressure until it pulls out to where you want it.

well this might be the dream killer as far as the car being ready for the beach party. found the cruise control thing has broken tabs and won't fully snap back together. can anyone tell me if this is something that needs to be addressed or if i can run it like that (which i doubt) but as of right now unless i can find a replacement looks like the milan will be coming to the beach party :(

gedc0518.jpg

gedc0521.jpg

thats uhhhh the vmv i think (vapor management valve) it supplies the vac from the eng to the tank to check for evap leaks

thats uhhhh the vmv i think (vapor management valve) it supplies the vac from the eng to the tank to check for evap leaks

english man!! you are right down the road, is this something that needs to be removed and replaced? or is this a duct tape item (j/k...kinda)

id say try just running a zip tie around it holding the cap on it might seal and if it leaks its no huge deal just might have a light for an evap leak

:all about the ninja edits today, and the paint shop lol:

like this

wmgedc0518.jpg

well so far there is no cel, and it doesn't idle goofy or anything, but if it's not gonna catch my garage on fire or strand me on the way to wisconsin....haha

Members online

No members online now.
Back