Lincoln Vs. Cadillac: Navigator Vs. Escalade

Gothicaleigh

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:
I still think the Navi looks a lot better. I don't think I would care how quickly a $50k+ SUV would drag down the strip, either.

Some magazine put 750HP in an Escalade and it couldn't break 13's. No love here for the Navi either. SUV's can eat my feces.

It's nice to ride in an Original Luxury SUV Navigator instead of an imitation luxury suv excalade :headbang:

Lincolnman said:
It's nice to ride in an Original Luxury SUV Navigator instead of an imitation luxury suv excalade :headbang:

Agree! The Navi has much better styling than the squared off Escalade. :iconcur:

Hey Gothicaleigh, I think they're getting mad now. Maybe they just don't like the HUGE Crest & Wreath in their face all the time. Or the giant tail lights :)

The Escalade is extreme luxury and has more ground clearance and towing capacity to boot.

I know I'm a punk :ban:

I love that interior of the Navi. And for an engine that is .6 liters smaller that is not bad specs. The escalade needs its own interior.

Anyone have any production stats for the two, im curious how much the navi is produced.

The escalade has better towing capacity?

i could have sworn that the navigator was rated at 8,300 and 8600 and the escalon yukalade was no higher than 8100.

crazy

codewize said:
Hey Gothicaleigh, I think they're getting mad now. Maybe they just don't like the HUGE Crest & Wreath in their face all the time. :

they had to take the ducks off so we would stop laughing.

have fun driving your quackillac yukalade.

How can anyone honestly say a navigator looks better than an escalade? The navigator looks like a generic large ford suv, they better change it, because the look is getting extremely stale by now. At least the escalade has an engine that's exclusive to it. The 5.4 is used in way too many other ford products, how does it make you feel the guy in the expedition has the exact same engine as someone that paid extra for the navigator? They could have at least made an attempt to make it better. Give it an extra 10hp, at least something. Ohh and let's not forget the 6.0 escalade will rape a navigator in a race, and don't say that doesn't matter, because any man interested in cars will appreciate the better performance. Resale values are also better in the cadillac.

The escalade doesn't have a 4 low gear like the Navigator. So, if offroading is on your agenda, the Navi is the way to go.

thamarkman said:
The escalade doesn't have a 4 low gear like the Navigator. So, if offroading is on your agenda, the Navi is the way to go.

i would probably puke if i saw someone off roading in a 50g vehicle.

Stylistically, in my opinion, The Escalade has a cooler looking exterior, while the navigator has a cooler looking interior. I am sorely, sorely disappointed with the interior of the escalade, and a little bored with the exterior of the Lincoln. If only I could gut out an escalade and squeeze in the Lincoln interior then I'd be a happy happy man.

I did not know that the escalade was that much more powerful than the Navigator. That is a black eye for the big L. But I wonder which one has got the smoother ride. In a great big luxury SUV, comfort would be more important to me than power.

caddy dhs said:
How can anyone honestly say a navigator looks better than an escalade? The navigator looks like a generic large ford suv, they better change it, because the look is getting extremely stale by now. At least the escalade has an engine that's exclusive to it. The 5.4 is used in way too many other ford products, how does it make you feel the guy in the expedition has the exact same engine as someone that paid extra for the navigator? They could have at least made an attempt to make it better. Give it an extra 10hp, at least something. Ohh and let's not forget the 6.0 escalade will rape a navigator in a race, and don't say that doesn't matter, because any man interested in cars will appreciate the better performance. Resale values are also better in the cadillac.

Power is not unimportant, and that certainly is a mark in Caddy's favor. But in this medium, it is far from the most important. The reason the 5.4 is in everything is because it's a good engine. Perhaps not as fast as caddy's 6.0, but in vehicles this big and this thirsty the only race you're gonna have is a race to the gas pump, and lucky for speedy caddy, it'll NEED to get there first.

What kind of gas milage do they each get?
Personally, I don't see the point of having a $60,000 gas guzzling SUV unless ya got way more $$$ than you could ever spend. Vans carry just as much stuff for a whole lot less.

I'd like to think that when i'm makin over $100k a year (maybe one day) I might like a navigator or escalade.... but think of all the MarkVIIIs I could buy, lol!
:L

They're both butt ugly. Doesn't SUV mean Sport Utility Vehicle? WTF is sporty or utilitarian about either of these monsters? 9 times out of 10 I see them with no passengers.

The escalade is way better than the navi the navi is cheaply built compared to the escalade for the $$$$

I drive a CTS-V, and I love it. With that being said, I chose the Navi for my wife and family after driving all the big Lux SUVs such as the Caddy Escalade, Infinity QX56, Toy Sequoia and of course the Navi.The ride was by far the best in the Navi than all others as was the interior which shares nothing with the Expedition on the inside. That was a big selling point because I didn't want to feel like I was in a tarted-up less expensive SUV. The suspension of the Navi is much better riding and smoother than any of the others and the interior used better materials. An example of this is the use of real wood and not imitation wood. In the end it came down to the QX56 and the Navi. The QX56 had the most room and was the fastest by far, it must be underrated because I have seen times for the 1/4 in the low 15s. But as someone mentioned in a previous post, in this segment it isn't about all out performance. I would say the Navi has enough power and would not say it is underpowered because there are other SUVs more powerful, I would just say those others are generous with power in this segment. I chose the Navi for it's comfort, Luxury and solid feel. The QX56 interior materials were sub par for this segment, it was an Armada interior with wood and leather. If performance is the most important when shopping for an SUV I would look at the BMW X-5, Porsche Cayenne or the upcoming Cherokee SRT-8 and Trailblazer SS. I drive my V when I want performance and the Navi when I want to be comfortable and a smooth ride (air suspension). Remember, it's easier to slap on a supercharger to a Navi if performance is needed than to re-engineer suspension and totally redo an interior for comfort and quietness. Price was not a factor but it helped me decide when I was able to get an ultimate with all options (I do mean all options) for 8K under sticker (this was a year ago) and came in several thousand less than the QX56; I also took advantage of their 0% financing instead of paying cash (it all works out the same). Just two cents from someone who owns both a Caddy and a Lincoln.
:Beer

An Alternate Viewpoint

For my 2 cents, Navis and Escalades are a dime-a-dozen , especially in this area. If you want reasonable performance (32v, 300 hp. 380 fp/torque),8700 lb towing capacity and all da toys in an SUV ride that shines, one word comes to mind......

BLACKWOOD

Look, I have driven both the Escalade and Navigator and there is no contest. They are both nice vehicles... Let me list the pro's and con's. By the way, the 5.4 in the Navi is not the same as the triton 5.4 in the expedition. The Navi requires premium gas for a different emission system and it also has the 32 valve in-tech. Expeditions do not. They had 265 HP until 2005, Navi's have always had 300. More importantly HP does not always mean the car is faster. Consumer reports claims there is only a second or so between the two (0-60). Read up on the freestyle. The pacifica has 50 more HP in it and the freestlye beat it 0-60. Same thing with the new 500 and the new 300 TOURING. Ford had less horsepower and still smoked the 300 TOURING, I am beginning to see that ford doesn't just dump a bunch of horsepower in their vehicles and sacrifice on originallity.

ESCALADE: Pro

45 more horsepower
Can run regular octane gasoline.

ESCALADE: Con

Sloppy handling.
Same interior as every single full size truck or suv GM makes.
Everybody and their brother has one.
Stock 17's
You are basically spending $61,000 on a $36,000 Yukon with a caddy emblem on the grill, and in the headrests.
They use plastic that looks like wood.
The only reason a Escalade exists is because of the Navigator. Ford innovates, GM immitates.

NAVIGATOR: Pro

18's stock
No other vehicle on the road shares any of the interior.
Has many class exclusive options, power running boards,liftgate and 3rd seat.
Originator of the heated AND COOLED SEATS! (Since late 1999...)
REAL WOOD interior.

NAVIGATOR: Con

Have to run premium fuel.

Bet you can guess which one I bought.

not to hijack the tread but how would you rate a 1st gen navigator to a 1st gen escalade? Despite the fact that the escalade is a yukon, i think it looks a little cleaner then the navigator. However, the navigator does have more luxury options such as power pedals, air suspension. The escalade is .2 seconds quicker and i heard that it is more like 14mpg city not 12 for the esclade. Also i know that the drive train in the escalade is solid not sure about the navigator. Also there are no known common problems that plague an early escalade. I am not sure about the navigator. I think the escalade would look good with chrome grill, better rims and tinted tail lights. Navigator would only need rims.

Navigator has 300hp 5.4L
pecifications & Dimensions
Wheelbase 119.0 inches

Overall Length 204.8 inches

Vehicle Height 76.7 inches

Vehicle Width 79.9 inches

Front Headroom 39.8 inches

Front Legroom 41.0 inches

Rear Headroom 39.8 inches

Rear Legroom 39.7 inches

Seating Capacity 8 passengers

Payload Capacity 1600.0 lbs

Towing Capacity 7700 lbs

Final Assembly Location United States

Brakes
Antilock Brakes Standard

Braking Distance in Feet(60mph - 0mph) 158.0ft

Drive
4-speed automatic transmission Standard

Optional

Engine
5.4L V8 300 hp gas Standard

Number of cylinders: 8

Number of valves: 32

Camshaft: Double overhead cam (DOHC)

Horsepower: 300 hp @ 5000 rpm

Torque: 335 ft-lbs @ 2750 rpm

Acceleration in Seconds (0-60mph): 10.3

Fuel Capacity (gallons): 30.0

Fuel Economy (City/Hwy): 12/16

Optional

Suspension
Leveling suspension Standard

Wheels
Alloy rims Standard

Standard options are leather
heated front seats
dusk sensing lights
memory seat
adjustable pedals
heated mirrors
Trip computer
Driver 8-way passenger 4 way power seats

Escalade has 5.7L 255hp

Specifications & Dimensions
Wheelbase 117.5 inches

Overall Length 201.2 inches

Vehicle Height 74.3 inches

Vehicle Width 77.0 inches

Front Headroom 39.9 inches

Front Legroom 41.7 inches

Rear Headroom 38.9 inches

Rear Legroom 36.4 inches

Curb Weight 5573 lbs

Gross Vehicle Weight 6800 lbs

Seating Capacity 5 passengers

Payload Capacity 1228.0 lbs

Towing Capacity 6600 lbs

Final Assembly Location United States

Brakes
Antilock Brakes Standard

Braking Distance in Feet(60mph - 0mph) 151.0ft

Drive
4-speed automatic transmission Standard

Engine
5.7L V8 255 hp gas Standard

Number of cylinders: 8

Number of valves: 16

Camshaft: Overhead valves (OHV)

Horsepower: 255 hp @ 4600 rpm

Torque: 330 ft-lbs @ 2800 rpm

Acceleration in Seconds (0-60mph): 10.1

Fuel Capacity (gallons): 29.5

Fuel Economy (City/Hwy): 12/16

Standard options are
leather seating
Daytime running lights
heated front/rear seats (navi does not have heated rear)
dusk sensing headlights
heated mirrors
Driver 8 way passenger 4 way power seats

I really don't care for SUV's in general, but if forced to choose, it would be easy for me. I would much prefer the Navigator over the Escalade. The Escalade is just too gaudy for me. The Navigator has a refinement about it that is absent in the Escalade.

Members online

No members online now.
Back