Lincoln V-8 Axed

Are you kidding me? How do they plan on competing with the Japanese V6's like the Infiniti/Nissan 3.5 which makes 310hp in the 07 G35 Sedan and the Lexus 3.5 which makes 306hp in the IS350. How are you going to have a flagship Lincoln without a V8??? Their upper management is a joke, they are trying to save money by cutting costs but they will end up losing more money when no one buys the new Lincoln MKS.
Here's the new VQ35HR in the 07 G35, way more advanced than any V6 Ford will be able to produce in the next couple years...
http://press.nissan-global.com/COMMON/IMAGES/TECNOLOGY/VQ35HR/LOW/VQ35HR_02.jpg

Ford now will rely solely on its new 3.5-liter V-6 engine family to power the MKS, sources said. Ford's other V-8s are too large. The decision could prove to be a competitive challenge in a segment where most rivals offer a V-8.

Good luck, Lincoln. It was nice while we had the Mark VII, VIII, V8 Continental, and Town Car.

So I take it I won't be alone when I go to buy my CTS-V? :D

It's Not All Bad

Having owned everything from a 1977 Lincoln Continental Town Car with a 460 4 barrel, to my current 2002 Lincoln LS V6 Sport STICK, I would not think it a bad thing if Ford went with a 3 Liter BI Turbo. I have the 3.0 in my LS and It's a fast little engine with a lot of potential. Now I know like the rest of you I would like to see Ford continue with a V8 (and I'll bet Henry is rolling in his grave) but look at the successes that Audi and VW have had with their V6's. A 3.0L Bi Turbo, if done right, could make some pertty impressive numbers on the Dyno, no to mention sounding good.
NOW IF FORD HAD ONLY BUILT THE MCLAREN LINCOLN LS :mad:

Members online

No members online now.
Back