Lincoln markVIII supercharger?

materialboi

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
i was on the lincoln motor sport site and apparently there is a super charger for the mark8, my questions is, how would you mount it? it looks belt driven unline those on ebay that are electronic. so how do those work and how well do those electronic ones work, would it be a big deal to fashon a belt driven super charger to my 1993 mark8 lsc?

From the site......
Force Air Superchaerger Kits
Its simple why we chose Vortech supercharger systems as the official supercharger for the Lincolnmotorsport Forceair SC kits for the Mark VIII. Vortech superchargers are developed to achieve maximum performance, efficiency, and durability. Impellers are investment cast from a lightweight proprietary aluminum alloy, heat treated, CNC machined to exact tolerances, and high speed balanced to ensure smooth operation. Gearcases and volutes are cast from premium A356 aluminum alloy, heat treated, and CNC machined to ensure production consistency. These units are second to none in every aspect.

We use the Vortech T Trim for the 96/98 Cobra and we do install them in house only. Too much a to do as a shippable kit. We are a Vortech dealer/distributor.

supercharger

ONEBADMK8 said:
We use the Vortech T Trim for the 96/98 Cobra and we do install them in house only. Too much a to do as a shippable kit. We are a Vortech dealer/distributor.

How much does that cost? Also, how hard is it to install yourself?

Brendan

I am having difficulty in finding a supercharger for my 4.6L DOHC engine in my 94 M8. I have heard that a 06 Cobra Mustang supercharger will fit. Is that true? If not, what company offers a SC with little mods to do?

materialboi said:
my questions is, how would you mount it? it looks belt driven unline those on ebay that are electronic.

Electronic Supercharger?

OK, first off, there isnt a credible 'electronic' supercharger that I am aware of.

As a general rule, there are 2 types of superchargers for the Lincoln Mark VIII

1 is the 'twin screw', which sits on top of the engine, and is belt driven. It looks like this: (the silver thing on top of the engine)

tascanohood_jpg.jpg

The second is the Vortech mentioned earlier, which looks like the one below, is also belt driven but is mounted on the front / side of the engine:

vortech9.jpg

speeking of superchargers...and the supermark....Geno, is there another supercharger like that....with the dual inlets?

Allen Superchargers makes a nice superchager settup that I was interested in.

todd-4-320.jpg

Not cheap but has a manifold that mounts the blower under it so you do not see it.

Joeychgo said:
Electronic Supercharger?

OK, first off, there isnt a credible 'electronic' supercharger that I am aware of.

1 is the 'twin screw', which sits on top of the engine, and is belt driven. It looks like this: (the silver thing on top of the engine)

tascanohood_jpg.jpg

The second is the Vortech mentioned earlier, which looks like the one below, is also belt driven but is mounted on the front / side of the engine:

I love that Granada in the back....Makes the supermark look slow :D

2002WRXSTi said:
Allen Superchargers makes a nice superchager settup that I was interested in.

todd-4-320.jpg

Not cheap but has a manifold that mounts the blower under it so you do not see it.

I'm pretty sure that those are for 2 valve SOHC 4.6s only. They don't make anything for our DOHC engines.

Dominus said:
I'm pretty sure that those are for 2 valve SOHC 4.6s only. They don't make anything for our DOHC engines.
They quote at the bottom of the list Mark VIII and Cobra's are available but not on the main list. I have been looking for a link to the stated but cannot find it?

Being a Machinist I can fab up most of what I would need to make it adapt or I could stop being lazy and Email them a question asking if anything is available:confused:

Dominus said:
I e-mailed them just now. If it really does work with our engines, I'll probably get it.
Killer, keep us informed cause if they do thats one more thing I will be spending my money on:D

Sir,

I agree with you, there is nothing out there! Your best bet is to get a complete 03 cobra motor and scarf bits off of it until you have a S/C'd Mark VIII. We kame nothing for any of the 4V engines.

Sorry

Scott
Allen Superchargers L.L.C.
(805) 659-0200

Translation: We're screwed..........or rather not screwed since we have no "screws" on top of our engines.

Dominus said:
Translation: We're screwed..........or rather not screwed since we have no "screws" on top of our engines.
Well now this does suck! I don't feel like trying to fab all this stuff. I should stick with trying to Turbo it when I have another reliable daily driver.

Dominus said:
ponyfreak is going to be working on a turbo kit for our cars this summer. :)
I've heard that one before. But I really do hope to see it happen.

2002WRXSTi said:
Well now this does suck! I don't feel like trying to fab all this stuff. I should stick with trying to Turbo it when I have another reliable daily driver.
Many of us would love to see a turbo-charged Mark VIII. Your avatar is Johnny Nocera's car isn't it? That's a cool car.

Kbob said:
Many of us would love to see a turbo-charged Mark VIII. Your avatar is Johnny Nocera's car isn't it? That's a cool car.
I think it is, it fits till I can get a decent pick of my car doing a similar deal. Anytime I have done anything like this there has been no one to take a pic of it :(

I just got another driveshaft so I can use it for measurements. That way when I do my gear Track Loc swap I can put it all in at once since this is my daily driver for now.

joeycho question

hey joeycho whats all involved with this setup for this twon screw supercharger?
Electronic Supercharger?

tascanohood_jpg.jpg

i think he was talking about the Vortech T Trim kit geno. not the worth of the whole setup of the supermark.

Members online

Back