Lincoln Mark VIII Headlight Replacement

Joeychgo

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
- POSSIBLE -

Lincoln Mark VIII Headlight Replacement

Yes - possible. I dont know much more right now, but ive been contacted by someone who says he can resolve the headlight issues we have inexpensively.

Here is a pic he sent me. This was done for a European site, so their styles are different, but he wants design ideas to make the lights for the US --

He also says "The future production will include LED taillights, new chrome grill, fog lights inside of the front bumper and alot more."

What do you guys think?

33.jpg

How MANY OF US WOULD SPEND MONEY ON NEW HID's, NOT made by FORD....

AND HOW MUCH WOULD YOU SPEND FOR THE SET........... JUST FOR THE HOUSING?

any ideas?

Vens is the guy -

He is interested in what design you would all like - and how much you would pay -

Inexpensive it the idea. The deal had replaced my driver's side headlight on my 95 and it is like night and day. I don't have to drive with my brights on just to see, and it is 10xs better than my 93 which has very clean lenses.

Wasn't it in 96 that ford tried to fix the Mark VIII's lights? If so my 95 must have a better design.

I don't think I am going to purchase for $200 - $250 but sub $200 might interest me.

Also as a marketing point. You need to think about who is buying the Mark VIIIs now. Back when they were in production they were purchased by people who had a lot of extra cash. Now they are being purchased by the more everyday Joe and a much younger crowd who don't have that extra cash on hand. Not all but many of these people (like myself) if they have an extra $400 to $500 will spend it on repairs or mods. Now if they were around $250 to $350 (a pair) I would consider them for my car. Again this is my opinion.

The design in the pic is something a little different but I could live with it. :Beer

Those headlights look pretty cool. If only you can do something the LS headlights. I'd be willing to help with some ideas and thoughts on those.

it is defiantly different, but not orig! i also see he added lights on the lower front portion of the bumper, which looks good BTW. me personally i have never liked the lights behind the grille idea, its so lame. a newer style grille i might be interested but it better be chrome with the lincoln emblem on it. i like the fact that someone really took time on designing headlights for our cars, even though it might take some time to get used to them, i kind of like it.

I like the concept. But I don't like the execution. I have already converted a set of stock halogens to HID projector's. I have pictures of it if you follow the links in my signature.

If I were to be interested, you'dd have to tone down the rice, and use one projector for lows, and another for highs. AND I would have to have a clear polycarbonate lens.

You could give the option for D2S Hid's or Halogen projectors for the money consieous people too. I hav'nt gotten mine done yet, but all I need to do is order a set of bulbs and ballasts and the project will be done.

do you have any pictures of the guys work??

If those lights where done well (i.e. not anything like the ones in the picture) and they had another driver and passenger side turn signal lights I would pay around $500 for that set, another $300 for the LED tail... And I am the younger crowd at 21 years, us young ones know little about saving money, I just "invest" most of mine in the Mark. So if we can get a good lookin full front set I would be totally into it!! Keep us updated!

I was also contacted by the same person. Here is the rply I gave him:

I personally think those who are willing to spend $500 on a set of improved headlights for a gen 1, would simply buy the factory originals, new, and just wait another 5 years for them to go bad.

If someone was willing to(or could afford to) risk money on an unkown capitalist venture out of the country, then they would already have purchased the sylvania HID's for a gen 1 anyway.

Furthermore, if the gen 1 lighting issue is that bad for some, they would simply install driving lights, or "live with it" the way it is.

So, those who can afford the risk, would already have HID's.
Those who can afford $500 for an "unknown" product, would probably buy factory NEW.
those who couldnt afford factory new, would just buy driving lights, or drive blind.

Just my opinion.

I like the idea, I admire the perseverence, but in all honesty, I dont think you'll find enough interested parties to support the R&D needed to promote such a product.

Good luck.

BlackIceLSC said:
I personally think those who are willing to spend $500 on a set of improved headlights for a gen 1, would simply buy the factory originals, new, and just wait another 5 years for them to go bad.

So, those who can afford the risk, would already have HID's.
Those who can afford $500 for an "unknown" product, would probably buy factory NEW.
those who couldnt afford factory new, would just buy driving lights, or drive blind.

Here's how I feel about it, if I could get something with the performance and durability of Ford HID's all for the price of the pathetic sylvania halogens; I would absolutley buy this alternative set of lights.

Vens said:
Is That What Most Of Us Want?

HELL YA TO THAT! :woowoo2:

Is that an actual pic of your car with those lights? Or is that photoshopped? Looks nice...

FOLKS!!! IF YOU HELP ME I'LL GET YOU WHAT YOU WANT!

I NEED TO KNOW HOW MANY 100% Requests for this headlights I can get...

Need your opinion!!!!!!!!!

PioneerCrazed said:
HELL YA TO THAT! :woowoo2:

Is that an actual pic of your car with those lights? Or is that photoshopped? Looks nice...
Thats the Photoshop, thats what I want all of you to have...

but thats my car.....

Nice car either way, I have a feeling the younger crowd like myself (19) will be enjoying this idea over the older generations. I personally like everything but the grill, but that's no big deal, just personal preference. About the headlights, would they be projector lights using H3, H1 bulbs? Or HIDs?

Thanks

PioneerCrazed said:
Nice car either way, I have a feeling the younger crowd like myself (19) will be enjoying this idea over the older generations. I personally like everything but the grill, but that's no big deal, just personal preference. About the headlights, would they be projector lights using H3, H1 bulbs? Or HIDs?

Thanks
We should discuss that, as if you wanna get all HIDS, thats about 350-400 extra as you will have 4 of them, the price is taken from the Ebay,
if we decide that we need only one projector on the side then its cheaper...

Thats why I need opinions...

MARKVIII.jpg

I know for one that I would not need to have HID's, I'm just looking for something that would be on par with all other cars on the road. My buddy just got projector headlights for his 90 accord with the projector being the low beam using a H1 bulb, then a standard looking high beam setup using a H3 bulb. This setup lights up the road quite nicely, so something similar to this setup I'd be fine with. Also integrating the headlight assembly into the corner lamp for a one piece assembly would be a nice look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7974420226&category=33716

LP-HA90CB1P-KS.jpg

PioneerCrazed said:
I know for one that I would not need to have HID's, I'm just looking for something that would be on par with all other cars on the road. My buddy just got projector headlights for his 90 accord with the projector being the low beam using a H1 bulb, then a standard looking high beam setup using a H3 bulb. This setup lights up the road quite nicely, so something similar to this setup I'd be fine with. Also integrating the headlight assembly into the corner lamp for a one piece assembly would be a nice look.

yeah i agree with PioneerCrazed, to complete the look. the corner lamps should be a one piece with the headlights. it would look nice a flush, i think it would look out of place if it is just the headlights, and not the corner lamps. that is just my honest opinion.

I am totally go for this IF we can have the complete look. I don't just want headlights... the corners are a MUST for me because it just looks out of place then... I think the corners should be clearn and use a yellow bulb instead of a yellow filter, that would give the front end a very sporty clean look that would make the Mark much more modern. I really want to see this happen.

Vens said:
Thats the Photoshop, thats what I want all of you to have...

but thats my car.....
Nice treatment on the front and rear.

Man, I hope that HONDA on the back license plate bracket was also a photoshop job!:slam

Members online

Back