lincoln ls with mustang coil packs?

Lincoln LS

1. 02lincolnlss

02lincolnlss New LVC Member

has anyone done this and if so what is the benefit from it?

2. hite337

hite337 Hite Performance

I have Accel COPs for the mustang in my LS. There is no noticeable performance difference but if you have one go bad you can just run to Oreillys/Autozone/Advanced Auto and grab a new one. If you use these you can't use the factory coil covers because the COPs are too tall, the boot on these COPs will seal the spark plug well very good so you don't have to worry about water getting to your spark plugs. and you also need to reverse the wires in the COP connector. Stay away from the Granatelli COPs, I've heard they don't like our cars. Use Accels or MSDs. You also need to make some type of bracket to bolt the COP the the factory mounting hole. I can make you some aluminum brackets for the if you need them.

3. 2002_lincolnLS

2002_lincolnLS Custom User Title

I think that was more than he expected to get. How much do those brackets run from Hite Perormance

4. hite337

hite337 Hite Performance

Probly so...lol. $20 shipped. I need to start a thread about those COP brackets but not many people are running Mustand COPs.

5. PMJJ

PMJJ Well-Known LVC Member

I have them, no perfromance gain, maybe better throttle response, hotter burn. Only problem is though, I had to pin out the original connectors and swap the B+ to the other side becuase the coil pins are different then LS stock pins...well at least on MSD coils anyway, ACCEL's might not be diffferent.

LS COIL PACK.jpg

6. DaleGrib

DaleGrib Active LVC Member

Interested in the COP brackets send me a PM with details please.