lincoln ls with mustang coil packs?

I have Accel COPs for the mustang in my LS. There is no noticeable performance difference but if you have one go bad you can just run to Oreillys/Autozone/Advanced Auto and grab a new one. If you use these you can't use the factory coil covers because the COPs are too tall, the boot on these COPs will seal the spark plug well very good so you don't have to worry about water getting to your spark plugs. and you also need to reverse the wires in the COP connector. Stay away from the Granatelli COPs, I've heard they don't like our cars. Use Accels or MSDs. You also need to make some type of bracket to bolt the COP the the factory mounting hole. I can make you some aluminum brackets for the if you need them.

I think that was more than he expected to get. How much do those brackets run from Hite Perormance

I have them, no perfromance gain, maybe better throttle response, hotter burn. Only problem is though, I had to pin out the original connectors and swap the B+ to the other side becuase the coil pins are different then LS stock pins...well at least on MSD coils anyway, ACCEL's might not be diffferent.

LS COIL PACK.jpg

I have Accel COPs for the mustang in my LS. There is no noticeable performance difference but if you have one go bad you can just run to Oreillys/Autozone/Advanced Auto and grab a new one. If you use these you can't use the factory coil covers because the COPs are too tall, the boot on these COPs will seal the spark plug well very good so you don't have to worry about water getting to your spark plugs. and you also need to reverse the wires in the COP connector. Stay away from the Granatelli COPs, I've heard they don't like our cars. Use Accels or MSDs. You also need to make some type of bracket to bolt the COP the the factory mounting hole. I can make you some aluminum brackets for the if you need them.
Where can I find a video or write up explaining how to swap the B+ pins and brackets to make the Accel COP's work?

The part number for the Accel Supercoil I ordered is 140032, it has an ageled boot. Is the boot being angled a problem because if I use the original boot I'm worried that water can get in, my question is is there any harm in using the angled boot?

Use appropriate grease and jam it in. You still need to pay attention to oil and water leaks above the coils, even with the wider boot. The heating and cooling (so expansion and contraction) of the air trapped in the well can cause some air to burp out when hot and suck in contaminants when cooling

I'm doing the Accel COP installs and I was just wondering if anyone here could tell me where to start on making brackets for the Coil?

The bracket looks like this. This is a quick drawing. I don't have the actual dimensions used. It looked like they were cut from an aluminum bar of APPROXIMATELY a 3/8 x 3/4 cross section

The long leg goes on to the valve cover. The coil tab goes under the short arm. I found it easier to bolt it to the coil, then screw down the bracket to the cover

upload_2019-8-29_9-10-50.png

Members online

Back