lincoln ls VS toyota avalon

chocolat1701

Dedicated LVC Member
Reaction score
hey guys, i need to settle a dispute with my cousin , i have a LINCOLN LS V8 sport 2005 with the thx nav and he has a toyota avalon limited edition and he swears that his car is better than mines, so i was like, lets ask the forums , i will ask you guys and he will ask his toyota forum, so what do you guys think, do i have him beat down or what.

By quality Toyota is much better and also by the interior styling and interior feel overall, but the rest the LS is better.

Yep, the interior of a new Avalon is "nicer" looking. I have a friend that just purchased one and the dash layout is very nice as well as the rest of the interior. I actually looked at the Avalon and the Nissan Maxima before looking at an LS. One of my requirements was a flat loading floor in the trunk. We have to carry my 93 year old mother-in-law places on a weekly basis and being able to easily load a wheelchair in the trunk is a must. When I bought the 04 Vic, I thought man that trunk is huge, no problems with it. Boy was I wrong. I had to re-locate the spare tire to the right 1/4 and even then, getting the wheelchair out and back in was a real pain due to the deep trunk design. My 98 Continental, which my son still has, was a breeze as it had a flat trunk floor. My 2000 Caddy was also easy to get the chair in and out of. When I saw the design of the LS, I knew it was still a contender. I drove the Avalon and it was a very nice riding car as was the Maxima. I just could not bring myself to buy another front wheel drive, even though the Conti and the Caddy were FWD and pleasant to drive. I decided I also wanted to keep a V8, maybe it's just my age and mind set of V8 power. Heck there are a lot of 6's and even 4s that make as much or more power than the 3.9L in the LS. When I finally drove the LS I now have it was a warm day, which is normal here in East Texas. When I turned on the cooled seats ... that's it .. sold! I have had other cars with heated seats and they were nice, but we only have a few days here where they are really useful, but the cooled seats, I have already gotten used to them. Still happy with my purchase and the added bonus of an extended factory warranty. Now, to get that Xcal2 swapped over to the LS. :)

Toyotas are wonderful cars - Toyota has pretty much taken over the "intelligent" spot in the market that Mercedes developed back in the 70s and 80s. Economical to low-line luxury, they have a car for every niche. Bland, dependable, subtle and functional.

But that is what Toyota builds - CARS. Lincoln, Mercedes and the other luxury makes build homes that move - a big difference. Toyotas have their advantages, but at the root of it the difference is "Bling". Conspicuous consumption has its price - and that price is reliability and to some extent, dignity.

i'd pick the LS hands down. not just because of the price tag difference (more expensive does not automatically mean better), but because of the styling and features. John hit the nail on the head - Toyota builds great, but bland cars. Their designs have become a cookie cutter mold and it seems like 1 in 3 drivers have Toyota (or Honda). the LS stands out against the crowd much better and also is simply a more luxurious ride.

chocolat1701 said:
hey guys, i need to settle a dispute with my cousin , i have a LINCOLN LS V8 sport 2005 with the thx nav and he has a toyota avalon limited edition and he swears that his car is better than mines, so i was like, lets ask the forums , i will ask you guys and he will ask his toyota forum, so what do you guys think, do i have him beat down or what.

What do you mean by "better"? Better in what way? Each car has its advantages and disadvantages.

u never mentioned what year the avalon was.. is everyone assuming its a 2006?

why...

Well, I believe the LS is superior to any front wheel drive, trans-axle piece out there. I also got my '02 used for a pretty decent price... I found the value in the drivetrain and design.. those are my two cents.

Better for what??? The only thing I can think of that a Toyota would be good for is a garbage can. What a joke.

BanginLS said:
u never mentioned what year the avalon was.. is everyone assuming its a 2006?

yes its a 2006 and it also has the navigation system in it, the car is fully loaded, and to answer TODD G, you are right both cars has its good and bad but what i meant in ovar all, witch one is better but i think that basically depends on the driver i guess, if you like fast and alot of handling maybe the choice will be the LS but if you like relaibility i guess toyota is the one.. but you guys have alot of good points, keep it comming, the info is good.

Tispco said:
Better for what??? The only thing I can think of that a Toyota would be good for is a garbage can. What a joke.

my thoughts exactly and i will let him know that LOL :iconcur:

A toyota vs. a Lincoln? You guys should switch cars one afternoon and go for a long drive and then form an opinion.Toyota has come a long way,and they do have a reputation for quality and dependability,but I would say the LS is definitely a better car.As for resale value of these cars,LS owners know the answer to this one;sure our Lincolns have a depriciation factor but this is simply a matter of supply and demand.There is more of a demand for your garden variety appliance on wheels (honda/toyota) than a car that has a niche market such as the LS/CTS etc. You know you have the better car,and he will too after he drives it.

LS, if I want a girl car than I'll look at toyota. Everything they offer just makes me sick, besides the MR2 and even the newer models look alittle girly. Just a very bland company, never have I said "oh that is a beautiful camry, corolla, avalon... But I have found myself saying "I'd tap that" as an LS drives by.

A toyota vs. a Lincoln? You guys should switch cars one afternoon and go for a long drive and then form an opinion.Toyota has come a long way,and they do have a reputation for quality and dependability,but I would say the LS is definitely a better car.As for resale value of these cars,LS owners know the answer to this one;sure our Lincolns have a depriciation factor but this is simply a matter of supply and demand.There is more of a demand for your garden variety appliance on wheels (honda/toyota) than a car that has a niche market such as the LS/CTS etc.
mint05LS said:
You know you have the better car,and he will too after he drives it.

i let him drive it, i saw he was getting the infamus LS SMILE when he was going on twisty roads, but he still doesnt admit that my LS is better.

He likes it;trust me.My neighbor has a G35 that he thinks is the best thing since sliced bread.He always scopes my car out.Have some confidence,you have the better car.When he pulls up in a new S500,then hang your head and walk away........... later/Jim (MINT05LS)

I took alot of heat from my in-laws when I bought the 2005 LS. I really wanted to buy American, and they drive Toyota and Honda. Well, I had to do some traveling so they took care of my new Lincoln for me. After they drove it for a week, the generic insults of American car technology stopped. In fact, since then, I have not heard any negative comments at all.

Allkesh just about summed it up in that equation...well said indeed!

RWD+4WHEEL IPS+V8+TRACTION CONTROL= Hell of a (AMERICAN) car.

hey funny thing is that my wife was speaking to his wife and he told her that my car is the BOMB and to not tell me that LOL, so no when i see him im going to just shove it in his face and then im going to say ASK YOUR WIFE SHE KNOWS WHO IS BEST.... LOL

Members online

No members online now.
Back