Lincoln Ls V8

nhandisen

New LVC Member
Reaction score
Anybody know where I can get a hose to replace this cracked one?

Snapchat--2339756589596980664_1436148390518.jpg

This thing? http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...13-Re-amp-RE-OEM-Coolant-Outlet-Pipe-GEN-1-V8

attachment.jpg

Your LS V8 is an 00 to 02?

If so, It's the Upper outlet tube from the cooling system.

8A520 Coolant outlet tube

Genuine Ford Part # XW4Z-8A520-AF

XW4Z-8A520-AF-a.jpg

Currently on sale, US $41.26 - UPPER PIPE - FORD (XW4Z-8A520-AF)
from Tasca // http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/xw4z8a520af

~ GLWR

PS: you are going to need a whole bunch of other plastic cooling system parts at this point, wait till you go to refill the system in order to rebleed, the fill neck will crack as you attempt to loosen the cap. You'll need a degas bottle soon also (if not already done) Thermostat housing replacement, go with the Aluminum JAGUAR upgrade.

By that brown looking color of where it snapped, the entire plastic cooling system looks like that on the inside, it's brittle, brown and ready to crack, won't hold pressure, let's air into system, unable to bleed correctly = overheating.

~ just saying
awww.gif

XW4Z-8A520-AF-a.jpg

This thing? http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/fo...13-Re-amp-RE-OEM-Coolant-Outlet-Pipe-GEN-1-V8

attachment.jpg

Your LS V8 is an 00 to 02?

If so, It's the Upper outlet tube from the cooling system.

8A520 Coolant outlet tube

Genuine Ford Part # XW4Z-8A520-AF

[iurl="http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=828473041&d=1436153609"]
attachment.jpg
[/iurl]

Currently on sale, US $41.26 - UPPER PIPE - FORD (XW4Z-8A520-AF)
from Tasca // http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/xw4z8a520af

~ GLWR

PS: you are going to need a whole bunch of other plastic cooling system parts at this point, wait till you go to refill the system in order to rebleed, the fill neck will crack as you attempt to loosen the cap. You'll need a degas bottle soon also (if not already done) Thermostat housing replacement, go with the Aluminum JAGUAR upgrade.

By that brown looking color of where it snapped, the entire plastic cooling system looks like that on the inside, it's brittle, brown and ready to crack, won't hold pressure, let's air into system, unable to bleed correctly = overheating.

~ just saying
awww.gif
Well the car is overheating and my guess it's because of that crack. I'm not much of a mechanic so bear with me. Thank you all for all the info btw. Where can I get all the cooling system parts too and can I get em in aluminum as well?
Oh and it's a 2001 Lincoln.

Luckily, you can get aluminum parts for the Gen 1. You will be looking at Jaguar parts, not Lincoln parts. I will add that many of us have had our cars get way smaller problems only to find the entire plastic system was crapped out. I had a bit of seepage on that top hose (Gen 2 version) at a hard plastic injection mold breakoff. Based on the advise of this forum I ordered all plastic and rubber parts for the cooling system except the radiator and DCCV. When I installed the new parts, I found that the degas bottle (get the Motorcraft one, not the Dorman one, unless changing degas bottles looks like a fun thing to do every few months) was full of large cracks that were not visible from outside the vehicle, and the thermostat housing had come apart. I'm lucky that it cracked in a way that wedged it open instead of closed. I can only assume that it was overheating but the temp gauge was rock solid the entire time. As it turns out the temp gauge goes to the halfway point then stops, and apparently by Lincoln design won't go past halfway until the car is overheating dangerously. There are two ways to do this, replace each broken part as it fails once every month or two, with the associated loss of antifreeze and downtime, or replace all the parts at once, bleed it once, and be done with it. Replacing it all at once is the cheaper way to go, because it'll be one or the other. Also, should you discover into the job that you didn't get all the necessary parts, seals, ect, your local Jaguar dealer is likely going to be more help in getting the parts than your local Lincoln dealer.

I just had my coolant flange blow too, I have replaced the degas bottle, the thermostat housing, the thermostat, all the crap factory clamps, all the rubber hoses are sealed and not leaking, have I missed any other plastic parts other than the flange that just blew up on me :( I am so sad and just want my car to be great again. This is what my flange looked like after blowing coolant all over my entire engine block :( I just want to make sure I get everything this time, because after 2 months of down time I am so ready for everything to be fixed and all better. I have a 02 LS V8

21741832_1642446825797113_1878026847_n.jpg

The upper and lower radiator hoses have plastic sections. These will be the next to go if you don't replace them now.
Also, you should take the appearance cover off over the radiator and look at the front side of the passenger side radiator tank. Look for any residue or crack near the top. If you find it, then it's new radiator time too. After that, you should only have the DCCV and aux pump to worry about. I'd wait till those start leaking to change either.

BTW, it's best to say which generation (or year) your LS is, as well as which engine. Fortunately, it's clear that it is a 1st gen V8 from the part you have in the picture.

Thank you! Do you by chance have a picture of the appearance cover for the radiator? I've not heard of that part, I know all the plastic parts are horrible, when I tried to get the plug out of the bottom of the radiator it broke off right at the top of it so I had to replace that too. Smh, I wish there was other options for replacement parts, but it's seemingly apparent that these cars were built for luxury with crap parts. I have 5 bolts break off too during the repairs I just did, and 3 of them were from the sway bar! Not very reassuring of the safety aspect on the car.

It's just the piece of plastic trim that is over the radiator. Just remove it so you can see the radiator better. There are four plastic screw pins that hold it on. Cant' miss it. I'm not suggesting that anything is wrong with that part, just that you have to remove it to look where you need to look. After that, put it back.

EVERYTHING is soaked under my hood I forgot to say once it blew my abs light lit up, and my traction control light lit up also. I took the plastic cover off and looked at the radiator, it's soaked too, but the rubber part on top almost looks burned on the sides. It doesn't appear to have any cracks, but it's def dirty as ever. It has a ton of stuff on it. Sorry for the bad pictures, but it's a mess under here right now. I also should add that the plastic cover wasn't bolted down, it just came right off.

IMG_20170913_184234.jpg

IMG_20170913_184244.jpg

IMG_20170913_184250.jpg

Sorry, I guess I wasn't clear. It's not the top of the radiator you need to look at. That's just a metal rail. It's the front of the plastic side tank on the passenger side. You may need to remove the upper radiator mount on that side to see it well enough. Here's a picture of the front of the radiator with the surface of concern circled in red.
radiator.jpg

Oh, ok. Thank you! I told ya I wasn't sure what I was looking for. I will go out and check that in just a few minutes. Thank you again!!

Members online

No members online now.
Back