Lincoln LS Smoked/Tinted tail lights?????

baby17

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
:confused: Does anybody knows if they make Lincoln LS Smoked/Tinted tail lights????? or if I have to go to get them tinted like the windows? im trying to find them already tinted but no luck. I heard that you have to go get them tinted. anybody knows:eek: ? help!

The majority of the people here have done 1 of 2 things...

1-Take them to a professional. (Expensive but excellent results)
2-VHT Niteshades. It's tint in a can. Some people have excellent results, others say it doesn't lay right. You can google it for more info.

Those are pretty much your options as far as that goes. I'm personally gonna try the VHT on some taillights from a previous vehicle and if it does well that's how I'm gonna go.

Last edited:
johnstintedtails.com

Or get the film unless you want a real dark look,.... then go with the VHT. The VHT needs to go on with a few layers which will not give it a true smoke look but it will give it a tinted/blacked out look. Also do all the prepping before hand correctly and all the little things like sanding and buffing in between or it will look smooth but yet very dull and ugly like some of the jobs I have seen on other types of vehicles.

I got my done at Johstintedtails. Paid $125 plus shipping. I think they turned out great. Pics in my gallery.

www.lamin-x.com

^^^Probably the best tint on the market! I did my fog lights yellow and my tailights! Did it myself, did both for around 50 bux shipped.....I get compliments on them all the time.....The lights are still BRIGHT when they are on..... They are thick thick tint......no cheapy thin window tint! Definitely recommend them! And I ordered over the phone! Great customer service, plus he gave me prices that arent on the site. here are a few pix of wat i got:
LS_Frntside.jpg

Yellow fogs..... I did both tints BTW, about 2 years ago....sooo..... they hold up real well too! I have 2 redo the front though. I messed up and put the fogs on dry....and not wet....so they have small air bubbles! My Bad!...ok the tails:
LS_rearside.jpg

DSC06166.jpg

0819071614_1.jpg

Check them....def worth a look!
Hope I helped a lil too! with my 2cents! lol
Peace! -JJ

I plan on leaving the tails alone and do the revese lights and posibly the fogs in a medium dark. I think the revese lights look alittle out of place.

hey Kleen whats up man.

One thing about the film to keep in mind is the first gen tail lights are not smooth. They have that funny contour to them, if you look at that pic you posted since it is a side by side you will see what I'm talking about.

I wont say it cant be done but I know it will be hard to get it right. With patience it will turn out though.

Does anybody knows if the 2000-2002 LS tail lights fits on the 2003-2006 LS?

hey Kleen whats up man.

One thing about the film to keep in mind is the first gen tail lights are not smooth. They have that funny contour to them, if you look at that pic you posted since it is a side by side you will see what I'm talking about.

I wont say it cant be done but I know it will be hard to get it right. With patience it will turn out though.

www.lamin-x.com

^^^Probably the best tint on the market! I did my fog lights yellow and my tailights! Did it myself, did both for around 50 bux shipped.....I get compliments on them all the time.....The lights are still BRIGHT when they are on..... They are thick thick tint......no cheapy thin window tint! Definitely recommend them! And I ordered over the phone! Great customer service, plus he gave me prices that arent on the site. here are a few pix of wat i got:
LS_Frntside.jpg

Yellow fogs..... I did both tints BTW, about 2 years ago....sooo..... they hold up real well too! I have 2 redo the front though. I messed up and put the fogs on dry....and not wet....so they have small air bubbles! My Bad!...ok the tails:
LS_rearside.jpg

DSC06166.jpg

0819071614_1.jpg

Check them....def worth a look!
Hope I helped a lil too! with my 2cents! lol
Peace! -JJ

love that half black look. very unique and looks amazing on the black scheme you have going. favorite detail however is the coors light can under the tire in the last picture.

With VHT get a dust free environment before painting.
You can wetsand to get a lighter shade.
This will make brake lights harder to see in bright sunlight so I would be cautious about going too dark.

I do tinted tail lights through my side project company. I can tell you that spray works best, and there is a ton of prep involvoed in getting them to come out mint!!!!! no easy solution makes them look as good. I had mine at a car show the 24th and even without finishing them, everyone commented.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=45496

there are pics there of my tails. When they are done, they shine like paint

I dont use and or like VHT. I hate the finish and the color of black it leaves. PM me for more help.

how do you tint the tail lights? im having trouble finding them already done.
I do tinted tail lights through my side project company. I can tell you that spray works best, and there is a ton of prep involvoed in getting them to come out mint!!!!! no easy solution makes them look as good. I had mine at a car show the 24th and even without finishing them, everyone commented.
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=45496

there are pics there of my tails. When they are done, they shine like paint

I dont use and or like VHT. I hate the finish and the color of black it leaves. PM me for more help.

You can send your tail lights to johnstintedtails.com and they will do it for you.

I think it's jonstintedtails.com

leave out the "h" in john.

Members online

Back