Lincoln LS reliability

lincoln_1999

Active LVC Member
Reaction score
I have been in a lot of Ford forums most of them said that Lincoln LS isn't reliable and it's a nightmare like Lincoln MIII ? so guys what is your opinions ?? some of them called the LS= "Like Servicing "????

It's no worse than any other Ford product. See those guys read forums where everyone complains about the car breaking down all the time. But when you think about it, isn't that really the only time when people need help with the car? So of course it stands to reason that's all you read about, even more so since the LS doesn't have much in the way of after market performance options.

sounds like the "grass is greener on the other side" syndrome. I'm not all that mechanically inclined and I've been able to do most of the repairs/maintenance on the LS myself. But then again, I've never owned a Mercedes or BMW, and I don't fit in Japanese cars. I don't see anything that would justify a repair hog reputation.

So far, both of mine have been really good. In fact, they've been the least troublesome cars I've had.

So far, both of mine have been really good. In fact, they've been the least troublesome cars I've had.

+1
the only problem that i had with my last LS was other people, like the dude that backed his trailer hitch into my bumper, or my friend, who was the desinated driver, hit a deer, or the c%nt that ran a red light and customized my front end for me...

my mark had 195,000 on her before we had to put her down
and my newer LS is running strong.

i work on every make of cars and even the great BMW's and Benze's have their problems

even the great BMW's and Benze's have their problems
Speaking of Mercedes, I happen to work at a Benz dealership. We picked up a 2006 SL500 a few days ago from Mannheim. 12,xxx miles on it and BOTH valve cover gaskets are leaking like sieves.

No real complaints.

Bought V601 with 7k miles in 02. Now 100k miles on OD.

All the usual problems. Now with upgraded parts. Once you change out all the factory screwups like the headlights fogging and window regulators, and clockspring, cooling fan. Its been a great car.

I had to replace the tranny, never serviced her. So I think she went dry. Me bad.

So new tranny & upgraded parts at 100k, running strong and fine.

Love this car. Typical FORD product, FIX OR REPAIR DAILY.
Compared to my JAP cars, its much worse.
Cheaper to repair than replace.

02 v8 with 70,000 and i havent had any problems except for them tragic coils.

Almost 90k. Only have done oil changes, a/c filter once, and brakes all around. Changed the plugs about 4k ago, they really didn't need changing. My passenger valve cover is leaking into the spark plug wells but has yet to cause a mis-fire. Original coils still.

And I have around 200 passes down the 1/4 mile. I'm pretty rough on it.

Probably the biggest pile of crap I've owned.... but you get what you pay for which is a resale value that drops like a brick off a bridge

from what I hear, the 03-06 versoins have less issues than the 2000-02 models.

this is true and as for me and others, good cars, thats why I bought one. Did alot of homework before hand so I knew what i was looking for and how it should perform. Other than my minor trans solenoid replacement couldnt be happier. execelent mileage, power, sound, ride, and styling. gets looks everywhere, and its only a grandma car. depends who you ask about them but honestly, what doesnt need service. 12k dollar cars, because you just throw them away and start over. 05-06 would be the best years you could get but any Gen 2 is good.

What car like the LS wouldn't cost a boatload to maintain? I don't think it exists. My buddy with a Civic has been dogging me because my LS has had some smaller issues, but :q:q:q:q that dude drives a CIVIC :eek:

What car like the LS wouldn't cost a boatload to maintain? I don't think it exists. My buddy with a Civic has been dogging me because my LS has had some smaller issues, but :q:q:q:q that dude drives a CIVIC :eek:

That's a damn good point. I'll take a few issues here and there if it means I get to drive a fun and good looking car. So far I've had ZERO issues with my Gen1. Of course when I bought it the window regulators and coils had all been replaced already.

Probably the biggest pile of crap I've owned.... but you get what you pay for which is a resale value that drops like a brick off a bridge

You've never owned a Lincoln before the LS I assume? This is my 4th Lincoln and my father's had his share of them. Aside from his Town Cars, the little stuff that goes on these cars is par for the course with Ford/Lincoln.

My family has had many a Town Car from the Jack Nicklaus to the Cartier and plenty of other Fords.

I am basing my opinion solely off of my experience with my LS since he asked specifically about the LS and not a Mark or a Town Car or other Ford products.

my coils need replacing, but it still runs more than well enough for daily driving and i just replaced my thermostat. the coils are notorious, and the thermostat is a $10 part and a 15 minute repair that's pretty much standard fare on any car after 70k miles. other than that its a complete dream.
much better than my 88 camaro... but parts were a dime a dozen on that :p and light years more reliable than my 99 nissan frontier!!!!!!!

My family has had many a Town Car from the Jack Nicklaus to the Cartier and plenty of other Fords.

I am basing my opinion solely off of my experience with my LS since he asked specifically about the LS and not a Mark or a Town Car or other Ford products.

Like I said, aside from Town Cars which run forever pretty much problem free, the LS is like every other F/L/M product ever made, hence my comparison.

Your old car had to be a "Friday car".

i think the problem is the work on it is ungodly expensive when taken to dealer since its a more expensive motor stuffed into such a small bay and most small repair joints aren't a big fan of workin on it...

Members online

Back