Lincoln Ls Lowering LOW!

iivan

Well-Known LVC Member
Reaction score
besides air bags and eibachs
is there anyway to get supppppperr low!!?
someone told me about cutting the shock tower?:confused:

If you use bags, you can lay frame. If you want lower, park your car in a hole.:D

You will just end up ruining the tower. You can cut the Eibachs or get air bags. I have a suspension project going on right now, but it will be another month before I post the project. You will be able to slam the LS with my setup, but you will lose ride comfort and certain aspects of suspension geometry which you don't want.

i am bagging my ls, I may end up getting the airride techs air struts for the 00-02 thnderchicken. or build my own kit, but this is a long way off. doing my research now.

i am bagging my ls, I may end up getting the airride techs air struts for the 00-02 thnderchicken. or build my own kit, but this is a long way off. doing my research now.

Sorry, but that's an excellent way to totally ruin the LSes handling. If your LS is just for show, whatever; if it's for go, then IMHO you will ruin the car.

Iasked a friend about bagging my LS. He did some research. Kit he found will run about $2500. It will lay frame and still have a great. If your interested, I can call him on monday for the info..

Sorry, but that's an excellent way to totally ruin the LSes handling. If your LS is just for show, whatever; if it's for go, then IMHO you will ruin the car.

are you kidding me? is that even a serious statement? In which way will bags ruin the handling? Oh wait I forgot I auto cross my car every day so I need rock hard springs... why don't you check out some of the handling test air ride tech does.

Rolling don't worry about it yet I don't have the extra money yet so it will be a long way off. Right now I am just looking at ways to do it without having to destroy the car to make it work

Enough man! How many more threads about lowering your LS are you going to make?

If you haven't done something as simple as dropping your car on eibachs by now, i don't see you doing anything drastic to make it lower than that.

the least you could do is bump one of your many threads:

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=81299
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=81033
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=79564
http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=76587

I tried posting that link, when I replied. I couldn't get it to upload.

There is a bug in posting YouTube videos to this site it looks like. The only way I can get it to work is using the hyperlink and just copying and pasting the url from youtube in it and it posts. Any other way it just shows up with code or a link.

are you kidding me? is that even a serious statement? In which way will bags ruin the handling? Oh wait I forgot I auto cross my car every day so I need rock hard springs... why don't you check out some of the handling test air ride tech does.

I kinda agree with him.

Bags will get rid of the sport feel and make it ride more like a towncar. But i would have to drive one with bags to see for myself.

Just extend the tophats of the stut towers. This gives you moar lows on the cheap! A few bucks at Home Depot and you're all set.

6d0251e3.jpg

Just extend the tophats of the stut towers. This gives you moar lows on the cheap! A few bucks at Home Depot and you're all set.

<snip>

Lmao, is that from the epic Civic thread on stanceworks?

6d0251e3.jpg

Ow man that's horrible..lol

On the topic, yes you can cut them to lower it, however in order to maintain the structural support you will need to box them. You would have to get a measurement on how much you can bring them into the bay without hitting the hood wen it closes, then make sure your mount keeps then in spec on the location and angle. Or do what Bull posted and screw up your car. You could even go to autozone and get a set ofspring clamps and use them on Eibachs...bet that will get you hella low...

So is it possible, Yes....Should you that's up to you, its your car and your wallet. By the time you go through all this with labor at a shop to correctly do this you will be in the range of air ride, or for a few hundred extra custom coil overs, so its senseless. If you want to go low, do it the right way and keep it safe, for you and your fellow drivers. However if you think you can do it the right way on your own try it out, your not in my state or on the roads I drive.

Rolling don't worry about it yet I don't have the extra money yet so it will be a long way off. Right now I am just looking at ways to do it without having to destroy the car to make it work

Considering the suspension was designed by an F1 suspension engineer, I stand by my statement. Replacing the the SALA coil-over system with airbags will degrade handling. Those airbag conversions weren't done on a sophisticated design like the LS. Would you airbag a BMW? The LS is more sophisticated then them. I don't autocross every day but I sure like to take my 40mph offramp at 8o!

I would bag a BMW hundreds of people do, and the LS is not a race car it is my daily and I will let anyone who has doubts drive it when I am done. By the way you can adjust the stiffness of the ride with a simple push of a button.

So in a year or two when I have it on come to my town and I promise you I will let you drive it.

hahaha Bull I saw that somewhere else on the interwebs But in theory and better construction it would work

best youtube comment on that drag video.

"I though when you said "drag" that meant you were gonna go fast in a straight line... not mess up your car..."

I kinda agree with him.

Bags will get rid of the sport feel and make it ride more like a towncar. But i would have to drive one with bags to see for myself.

I disagree. I'm with 2002 on this one. They're making kits now that guys are using in road course racing. It's just as tunable as springs, it's just based on air and baffles...

I disagree. I'm with 2002 on this one. They're making kits now that guys are using in road course racing. It's just as tunable as springs, it's just based on air and baffles...

Oh im sure with the right amount of money.

But do you really think its better? I keeo thinking of something breaking loose or some random debris coming up and puncturing a bag casing loss of control.

I'm thinking in the $2500-$4500 range for a good set up. You'll still have the sporty feel, and it could be better if you had it 'tuned' right. As far a debris and something breaking loose, that can happen with anything honestly.

It is true that a bag system can give you more tunability, BUT you need the electronics to support them. I had a 2002 Toyota Solara 5sfe turbo on bags with full electronic support by Dakota. I can assure you that anything below 2"-2.5" will seriously affect the suspension dynamics. Turn in, under and over steer will be affected, as well as bumps and bruises on the bags and baffles. Unless you have or have had a bagged car it's all hearsay. I for one had great handling in my Solara, but I paid a pretty penny for it in electronic support. Bagging a car for show is just running lines, shock and bag assembly, tanks, and compressor. You want good ride comfort, expect to pay some $$$$$ for electronics to keep everything stable and at a constant PSI. I had 4 corner readouts digitally, with full monitoring through solenoids and relays to watch my PSI. At a 2"-2.5" drop, I had pretty good comfort for the drop, but some bumps were uncomfortable. All I am saying is consider everything before bagging, because it can cost a fortune if you don't.

Members online

No members online now.
Back